Thursday, October 07, 2010

Xander turned 5!!! (Post 1 of 2)

Well, it is happening. And there is nothing I can do to stop it. Not beg, plead or whine. Nothing is stopping my baby from growing up. That's right, my little baby boy turned 5 last weekend.

It started with presents from Grandma and Grandpa. They got him some Iron Man pajama's and some superhero decals to go on his super hero city walls. (pictures at the bottom).


Then Friday night Xander and Jared slept in the tent (who sleeps out in the tent in October, seriously. Luckily record warm temperatures made it fine). Here is Xander and I setting-up the tent.



Then (since it gets dark so early) we came in and made his birthday cupcakes (in his new Iron Man Pajamas)

The next morning we put in candles and sang "happy birthday"
He was super excited that he got some more items for his Batcave. He got Two Face.
And Riddler
And here he is, just realizing that he got "jokers hideout" (the bad guy version of the batcave".

I am sure you can imagine the epic battles we had all weekend between the bad guys and the good guys.

Then here are the pictures of Xander's Super Hero City room, with his awesome Super Hero decals.


Fun times.

6 comments:

HeidiPie said...

Love it! He is looking really grown up in these pictures.

Twin Times said...

He is growing up really fast. Love all the super hero stuff. Good times!

Mom/Lisa said...

5 already? Is that even possible? Wow! I can't beleive how much Xander looks like Jared in the first one where he's making the cupcakes and grinning---just like Jared did at that age! What a cute little 5 year old!! Thanks so much for always posting so I don't feel like I'm missing as much as I really am. Happy 5 years Xander!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Xander! What an awesome bedroom!

Leisa said...

seriously he's growing up so fast. I remember when he looked like charley brown. What has happened to him. Here are the top 5 reasons i love Xander
1. He is so nice and lets cole play with his Bat cave.
2. He can beat me in every single video game.
3. His chattering makes me smile.
4. He will always give me hugs.
5. He loves my dog and is the best dog sitter ever.
I LOVE YOU XANDER

Josh n Betsie said...

ok I totally want that room for my boys. That is amazing. I can't believe he is 5 and I have never met him. :( Thank goodness for blogs eh?