Monday, February 27, 2012

Spring Cleaning

It's that time of year, when I get a bee under my bonnet, and I can't settle down until I clean up. So far this week I have:
  • Gone through all our old "files" and threw away everything that was older than 5 years old for taxes.
  • I went through my stash of old owners manuals and tossed everything we don't own any more.
  • Went though stacks/boxes of old CD's and software and tossed old and out of date items (I mean who can even run Windows 95 any more)
  • Went through old players guides/games and tossed the ones that didn't have "sentimental value" to Jared.
  • Went through about 5 boxes of "misc" stuff from when we moved and tossed almost all of it
I am about half way through the stuff I want to get done, and let me tell you it is getting worse before it is getting better. There are piles everywhere in my office, and stacks and stacks of empty boxes in the hall. It may look trashed, but I am feeling cleaner (and lighter) already.

I love this spring cleaning bug (just don't ask Jared how he feels about it).

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Yay! I'm so proud you aren't a pack rat. I'm not a pack rat either... I think we got it from the same person... Spring cleaning feels so good! I'm moving this week so it's forcing me to Spring Clean and I feel GREAT!

Corinne said...

WOW! I am impressed! I just wish I could borrow some of your energy and determination to do the same. Better yet, why don't you just stop by here when you're done there!;)