Monday, November 06, 2017

I love my family

So this may be a super cheesy post, but I really want to just record it for my sake.  Yesterday was a busy day for our family.  We had church, and after which I had multiple meetings.  Xander is now 12 and went with the YM presidency to take the sacrament to the home bound people.  And Jared, was going to rush home and get dinner cooked so we could eat at 3:00, so he could be to a meeting at 3:40.

I was supposed to be home at 3, but it was apparent that wasn't happening.  Jared ate by himself, because Xander was also late. I didn't get home until 4, at which time Jared had already left for his meeting.  But Xander met me at the door, got my plate of food ready for me.  Sat me down and asked me the traditional Sunday question of "what did I learn at church".

At that moment, I realized what an amazing family I had.  My husband had cooked dinner, and was off filling his priesthood responsibility (for those who know about his past, you know what an amazing thing that is in and of itself).  My teenage son, who had been out helping with fast offerings was asking me what I learned at church today, while sitting at the dining room table with me while I at my dinner.  Even though we didn't get to spend it all together, at that moment we were a pretty awesome family.  I love these guys sooo much!


 




2 comments:

Emily said...

This is one of the most beautiful blog post I've ever read. It makes me want to cry. What a beautiful moment. You do have a pretty awesome family! Love you all so much!

lori said...

I was happy to come across your blog today. I love this post:) Thanks for your comment a few weeks ago. Now that I see your picture, I remember who you are:). I love your family photo recreations. Those are too great.