Saturday, March 04, 2006

Running Our Own Countries

Jared and his geeky work buddies found a site where they can start, and manage their own country. He has been running his country for about a week now. His country "Metal Eyes" is doing well, but his civil rights are "unheard of" his economy is "thriving" and his political freedomes are "outlawed". He is a true mean dictator, but they are only taxed a flat 20%. His currency is the "dung" and his national animal is the "monkey" (which he decided his people would eat, since his country was overrun by monkies)

My country I just started. It is called the Queendom of "heidi the great". You can check both our sites out at the following links:

http://www.nationstates.net/metal_eyes
http://www.nationstates.net/heidi_the_great

You can also start your own (I think Joey would have a hay day with this) by going to www.nationstates.net. How it works is you get two issues a day (you have to change your settings to how many issues a day/week you get) and depending on how you answer the questions depends on your countries economy.

If you do this, you have to add me to your list of countries to watch, (you go to my site, and there is a link at the bottom saying "watch this country"). We can all run the world together!

3 comments:

Jonathan, Ashley, and Family said...

Hehe. I just made my own country. It's called the Confederacy of Ashendome. Here's the site http://www.nationstates.net/ashendome :). I'll have to keep track of yours!

Ryan and Angela said...

Yeah, you have a typo. It is nationstates.net not .com. But I will have to see ashendome:)

MaryRuth said...

I'm so excited to give this a try!! and I'm forwarding this to Joey.

Thanks!