Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ponderings

As I was sitting here tonight, relaxing after putting a VERY tired little boy to bed, I realized that I hadn't updated my blog in OVER a week. *GASP* When did I become that person. You know, the person who doesn't take the time to post the events in their life.

Then I realized when I became that person. It was once I got a job. Suddenly life is busy. VERY busy. So busy that I realized today that since Sunday night until this morning I had only seen my child for a grand total of 5 hours this week. (Now granted, he did spend a couple days at Grandma's house having a glorious time playing with his cousins), but I wondered, when did I become the mom that never sees her children? Never see's her husband? Doesn't have time to fold the laundry that was washed on Monday until Thursday? Doesn't have the time to clean up dinner from Wednesday night, and rushes out the door Thursday morning plugging her nose so she doesn't have to smell the stink in her kitchen? And never takes time to update her blog. I was beginning to wonder how my life ever got so chaotic.

Then today I went and saw "Shrek Forever After", and suddenly felt a lot better.

I know many of you are why in the world would going to a movie with your family make you feel better about having a chaotic life. Well, without spoiling the movie (for those who haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it. I rank Shrek 4 right after Shrek 2 (one of my favorite movies of all time) and tie it with Shrek the Halls. It was WAY better than Shrek 1 or Shrek 3).

Shrek 4 reminded me that my life was my choice, and that it may not be exactly how I pictured my life being right now, but it is a good life. This may sound weird, but it was exactly what I needed reminded of today.

6 comments:

Marilyn Hardman said...

Love you - thanks for letting Xander play. It was almost Grandma Camp

christy said...

i liked it too and i am not a shrek fan. the first is ok. i didn't like the second and i have not seen any others. anyway it was cute and sweet and funny and even made me tear up and appreciate my family.=)

Emily said...

I like your thoughts Heids! Thanks for sharing. I admire you! You're amazing. Love Em

Twin Times said...

What a great thought for the day. Our lives are ours and we should be happy with where our lives are at in this moment. The future is still to come, but we have to work up to the future. I'm glad you are enjoying your new job and I hope things get a little less hectic for you in the future. You are a great mom and you have a great family!

Chatzy said...

Good update! I haven't seen Shrek 4 but I am glad to hear that you liked it. Maybe I'll see it when i get it back from Brazil!

Leisa said...

I went and saw shrek 4 in 3d. You're right about it being SO good. i wanna watch it again. Cole also loved it. he laughed with wally and i the whole time. well between licking my face which i have no idea why he thought that during a movie or anytime really that licking my face would be funny. it was sick.