Sunday, July 04, 2010

Birthday Post

Yesterday was my 31st birthday, hep, thirty-one. It was a good day. Jared let me sleep in. I woke up to a brand new belgian waffle maker, and of course belgian waffles (yummy). I sat a relaxed and got new presents every hour or so from Xander (Jared took him to the dollar store and he bought me like $10 worth of gifts). It was fun to have my son be excited for my birthday too (In fact Friday when I got home from work he said to me: "Mom, let's go downstairs and play games." (that is where we keep our board games). So I said "OK" and went downstairs and started looking through our games. Then he said "No, not those ones, these ones." and drags me around to a remote corner of our basement, that I never go to, and shows me the stacks of presents he bought me for my birthday. I just laughed, and said, "I don't think I am supposed to see these, I better go upstairs and tell dad." It is cute having a 4 year old).

Then in the afternoon we went to my Aunt Nina's house for a Pool party. It ended up being really fun. Everyone in my family ended up coming, except my sister Em in DC (missed ya!). We played in the water for 3+ hours, and got exhausted. Afterwards everyone came to our house for an impromptu BBQ and cake (which ended up being a delicious cheesecake Jared made from scratch! Seriously delicious).

After everyone left it was about 8:00 pm. I got my last few toys and presents from Xander and a final gift of a lava lamp from Jared (I LOVE lava lamps, and the one he got me when we were dating, 9+ years ago, got broken. Sad day. So it was neat to get a new one from him).

We capped off the day by going to fireworks. I LOVE fireworks. So overall it was a great day!

This morning we are all VERY tired, and are rushing to get ready to go to my sisters baby blessing. But such is the life of hard partiers, right?

6 comments:

Twin Times said...

Happy Birthday! I am so glad it was a nice day for you. I love lava lamps too. And cheesecake is one of my favorites. It was so nice that your boys made it a special day for you.

Steven and Megan said...

Happy Birthday! How cute with Xander and your presents :) Glad you had a fun Birthday!

Maxfield Family said...

I think 4 year olds make everything more fun. Thats so cute that he was so excited to give you all of your presents, especially since he actually picked them out himself, so cute! Glad you had a great Birthday!

Sharon said...

What a fun birthday! So cute that the men in your life made it so special for you!

Chris said...

Awesome! Happy Birthday Heidi!

MaryRuth said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a fun day!