Monday, September 19, 2011

Medical Update

Well, much against my will, my doctor has put me on a strict VEGAN diet. No meat. No dairy. No animal proteins AT ALL! I am NOT a happy camper, but am striving to have a positive attitude. Both my kidney stone doctor and my OB said the same thing. No meat. So for the next three months I think I am going to starve.

In the meantime. I went in and was admitted to the hospital and had my kidney stones removed. After spending a day resting comfortably in the hospital they sent me home (why they didn't do that in the first place is beyond me. I spent almost an ENTIRE week wallowing in pain on the bathroom floor. They kept saying it would pass on its' own. That the kidney stone was small. Well, finally I insisted they just go in and remove it and guess what. The ultrasounds were wrong. It wasn't small, and wouldn't have passed on its' own. The urologist said it was a good thing we got it because it was twice as big as they thought.) But I digress. Kidney stone gone. Pain gone. Life is good.

My OB had a follow-up appointment. They said my PCOS is pretty severe, but she thinks the complex hyperplasia is gone. She put me on Metformin, and a strict diet. We will see how it goes. Three months of eating vegan. I am going to die.

6 comments:

Chatzy said...

3 months! Gasp! I guess you will have to learn how to make Tofu thanksgiving turkey dinner...yuck. Super sorry. Glad that the complex hyperplasia is gone, keep us updated.

christy said...

You can do it, it's not so bad. I've got several vegan cookbooks if you need ideas. I have found that I like eating things that I already like minus the meat instead of going completely tofu. Fake meat just isn't good. I do like portabello mushrooms in the place of meat sometimes though. I love my green smoothies and whole grain breads and grilled veggies and pasta. Sometimes I go to IFC and just get a bunch of sides. That's what I like best anyway. Good luck! I know it's not the greatest but at least they didn't say zero sugar, I don't think I could do that.

The Incredible Westin said...

I partake not in the meat, nor the breast milk, nor the ovum, of any creature, with a face - Todd Ingram

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqqGZBRBLcM

Erin L said...

Good luck! We try to eat less meat, but you ask me to cut out dairy and I might starve too. I don't know how I missed all of the last posts on my reader. I hope the vegan thing works for you. I know that the veggie burgers you can get at costco are pretty good.

HeidiPie said...

I think I'd die too. I wish you much luck and happier and healthier you ;) You'll have to pass along recipes...well, the good ones. =)

Marilyn Hardman said...

Thats a fast way to loose weight. Good luck