Those of you who have been to my new home, know that we bought a foreclosure, with a barely functional kitchen. One of my main goals has been to redesign my kitchen and make it more functional, and more aesthetically appealing, while maintaining a good budget.
Last weekend I purchased the flooring, and this weekend I purchased the remaining cabinetry, countertops, and got all my building permits in order (minor electrical change). In order to make sure I was happy with my decisions (like any good designer would). I mocked it up in Photoshop.
Here is the before floor plan:
After Elevation of microwave/range wall
Current image of our kitchen
Conceptual after images (note, fridge will be moved and the full height pantry gone)
Current Sink images
After images (these will be pretty accurate, as this side is not changing much).
I am re-using most my cupboard, adding new laminate countertop, new laminate flooring and painting all my cabinets. Total budget (including electrical, new cupboards (to add an island), new flooring, new fridge, etc.) will come to just under $4000.00. $1000 for cupboards, $1000 for cabinets, $500 for flooring and $650 for a new fridge. By the time I sell our current fridge, it will be closer to $3500 out of pocket. Not bad for a snazzy new kitchen.
Now I just have to go through the work of pulling out all the cabinetry and painting it all. Installing the flooring, etc. etc. etc. I can't wait.







2 comments:
i LOVE it. yuugjgj jpojpvj. That last part is from Avery who is equally excited.
I am so excited to see this. I want to remodel our kitchen sooo bad and your budget makes it look a little more possible for us one day! Thanks for sharing this.
Post a Comment