Well it took long enough, but I FINALLY finished my kitchen remodel. Now, don't get me wrong, I have had the majority of it done, and usable for a couple months now, but a few misc trim pieces kept it from being DONE. Here are the progress pics:
BEFORE
Notice the carpet in the dining area (under the color wall hangings)
Here you can see how unusable the right side of the kitchen is, with the fridge there.
Notice how long and skinny my kitchen looks, again the right side completely unusable.
DURING
The vinyl flooring and carpet ripped out, and base cabinets removed.
Electrical and plumbing moved.
Flooring installed.
Base cabinets installed.
Upper cabinets installed.
DONE
Notice how much more open the kitchen feels.
The right side AND left side are usable, sooo much more counterspace
No longer long and skinny.
Budget
So here is how my budget breaks out:
New Cabinets (again I reused half): $907
Electrical: $455
Flooring: $478
Countertop: $954
Sink/Fridge/Garbage Disposal: $909
Selling old Fridge: $+850
Hardware: $144
Under cabinet lighting (through my work): FREE
Plumbing: $225
Home Depot Runs (22 in total): $350
TOTAL: $4049.02
Some things I learned:
1 - the single sink is AWESOME! I recommend everyone get rid of their double sink, what a waste of space!!!
2 - It is worth it to PAY a professional for electrical/plumbing services (just ask about our 4 trips to Home Depot in (1) day when we moved the fridge water line)
3 - I LOVE my brown cupboards with black appliances, typically that is a no go, but they look great together.
4 - Refinishing your cabinets takes A LOT of work, but if you are tight on funds, TOTALLY worth it
In all it was COMPLETELY worth the $4049 (my budget was to do it under $4000, so I went over by $50). Whoever was the kitchen designer for this house when it was originally built, should have been FIRED, because the previous layout was UNUSABLE! It feels sooo much more open, with the same amount of cupboard space, more counterspace and overall a better layout (I guess that is was a bachelors degree in interior design gets you).
I LOVE my new kitchen!














5 comments:
Looks really nice. Good work.
I love it too! Great work :)
I have been waiting for these pictures! Wow! What a lot of work. and I thought my little bathroom fix was crazy. It looks great. And really, I am so impressed that you could do all that yourself.
I LOVE it sooo much! Such a nice change. I can't believe that the designer was paid to design such an unusable area of space! I agree he should be FIRED! You did such an awesome job! way to go!!!
i LOVE it!!! you did such a great job! It is way more open. The designer totally should be fired. You should be hired you are so much better!
On a completely unrelated note, my space bar works so much better. Thank you so much for fixing it.
Post a Comment