Sunday, June 03, 2007

Xanders New Room (all finished)

This weekend I FINALLY finished Xander's room. And it looks AWESOME! I decided on an undersea/Nemo theme. I bought his bedspread and made the room to match. I found a couple of items at IKEA to coordinate, and a theme was born. Last week I painted the walls the two tones of blue. This week, I made the valance to match the "cave". I painted the "cave" a darker blue. I painted the bubbles on the wall, the dresser, and the "Xander" across the one end of the room. (A special thanks to Jared for taking Xander most the day yesterday so I could finish). TOTAL COST $150. Here are the pictures.

Here is a picture of his "cave" (closet)
Here is Xander's bedspread that was the inspiration for it all.
This is about the best picture I could get showing the valance of "seaweed".
This picture didn't turn out colorwise (it is really yellowed). but is the best picture I have of the "Xander"

I added extra bubbles above his bed to make it look like they were from him.


I did the same coming from his sea horse lamp.
Here is a picture of the dresser. I painted it and made new handles (to look like bubbles)
Xander LOVES his new room. Here is is touching his "N". He can't get enough of playing in his room, and especially his "cave"
Oh, and we cut Xander's hair this week. Here is a picture of that.

10 comments:

Marilyn Hardman said...

It is so fun. Glad I got to see it.

Anonymous said...

That is the most adorable room I've ever seen. I am making my 2 year old boys room into a Cars theme room. I have the bedding, lamp, a couple posters and little car knick knacks, but it doesn't look like that.

MaryRuth said...

This is SOOO cute!!!! So cute!!! You're are so talented!!

Did you just freehand eveything?

Holy cow I'm jealous! I want a Nemo room!!

Sharon said...

Way toooooooo cute! What talent we have in the Hardman family! You are awsome!

Leisa said...

holy cow that's the best room ever.what a great job you did.WOW really that's all i can say is WOW

Emily said...

Oh Heidi...that is too cute! Well done. You sure do take after Mom and her talent on home improvements.

Jonathan, Ashley, and Family said...

How cute, that looks awsome! Good job Heidi!

Anonymous said...

YIPEE I love it so dang much! If I were a fish I would want to live there over the ocean any day!

Ryan and Angela said...

HOW CUTE! You are awesome. You sure are getting good use out of that dresser. I can't believe how cute it is. I bet you just love having your own new home. I bet it keeps Xander much more entertained.

Mom/Lisa said...

This is so cute. Dad says this child is having quite a life. He gets to go to Disneyland and when he's home, he's in Xanderland. What fun! Great job Heidi.