Aprons- yes or no? If yes, what does your favorite look like?
Yes... My mom gave me one a christmas gift, with a box of the family recipes. It is red apples.
Baking- favorite thing to bake.
Now that I cook everyday, I don't care for baking.
Clothesline- yes or no?
Nope
Donuts- have you ever made them?
Nope, but I bet Jared would love them if I did, but refer to letter "B".
Everyday- one homemaking thing you do every day.
I make my bed every morning.
Freezer- do you have a separate deep freeze?
I just got it when we moved into our new house, and I love it already.
Garbage disposal- yes or no?
Just got one when we moved here, and I love it too!
Handbook- what is your favorite homemaking resource?
I just wing it, and if I am really curious of something, I do a search online.
Ironing- love it or hate it?
Hate it! In fact, I hate it so bad, that I won't do it. Nope, I won't.
Junk drawer- yes or no? Where is it?
Yes (can't live without it). It is the far right drawer in our kitchen.
Kitchen- color and decorating scheme?
It is still the colors of the house when we moved in (terra cotta colored ceramic tile, with knotty alder cabinets and white walls). I will probably paint it sometime in the next year or so, but it is pretty low on the priority list.
Love- what is your favorite part of homemaking?
Not commuting to work.
Mop- yes or no?
I usually mop once a week or so.
Nylons- wash by hand or in the washing machine?
Nylons? What is that?
Oven- do you use the window or open the oven door to check?
Door
Pizza- what do you put on yours?
Canadian Bacon and Pinapple
Quiet- what do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Paint my house, or check out blogs online (but starting today I have been playing Mario Party 8 for the Wii. IT ROCKS!!!!)
Recipe card box- yes or no? What does it look like?
Refer to letter "A". It is for 4x6 cards, and is red. Thanks again Mom.
Style of house- What style is your house?
Rambler, with unfinished basement. 3 bed, 2 bath. And I LOVE IT!
Tablecloths and napkins- yes or no?
I used to be adamant about tablecloths on the table, but then I had a kid, and now it is easier to clean the table that it is the table cloth. As for napkins, we only use paper ones on special occasions.
Under the kitchen sink- organized or toxic wasteland?
Plastic bags - nothing else.
Vacuum- how many times per week?
Whenever I feel like it, but roughly 3-4 times a week. (we don't have a yard yet, and dirt gets tracked EVERYWHERE)
Wash- how many loads of laundry do you do per week?
3-4 depending on if it is sheet week or guest towel week.
X's- do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
Used to, but now that I am a stay at home mom, the only list I keep is a shopping one.
Yard- yes or no? Who does what?
Technically we have a yard, but it is just dirt and weeds. And it is all done by Mother Nature. (However, one and a half weeks until ours gets done. HOORAY).
Zzz's- what is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
I clean up the house, so I wake up to a clean house (i.e. pick-up toys, turn on dishwasher, etc.)
If you enjoyed reading about my list, take the time to reply or post your list on your blog.
4 comments:
I really enjoyed your list. I will email you mine later, but for now, I hear a kid out of quiet time. It is time to beat. J/K.
Interesting...very interesting.
I have vacummed once in the past year (we only have wood floors)...
ABC's of Ang's Housekeeping
Aprons- yes or no? If yes, what does your favorite look like?
Yes. I made it myself. It has a BYU cougar on it.
Baking- favorite thing to bake.
I don’t really bake much, same reason as you. But if I do, I guess I like that Black Forest Trifle.
Clothesline- yes or no?
No
Donuts- have you ever made them?
When I was a teenager. Ryan always wishes I would make them during priesthood session of conference (like one of the apostles wives does) but I don’t.
Everyday- one homemaking thing you do every day.
Tidy. My house is almost always tidy, though rarely clean.
Freezer- do you have a separate deep freeze?
Yeah, we got it when we bought our cow.
Garbage disposal- yes or no?
Of course.
Handbook- what is your favorite homemaking resource?
I kind of like “clean house, clean planet”. I use it for some of my homemade cleansers.
Ironing- love it or hate it?
Hate it! I went through a phase where I did it before Cody was born. But that is gone now.
Junk drawer- yes or no? Where is it?
Yes, it is the far left drawer in our kitchen.
Kitchen- color and decorating scheme?
Right now it is taupe, but I am planning a Tuscan yellowish brown color. I have it decorated with grapes and baskets and plants mostly.
Love- what is your favorite part of homemaking?
When Ryan comes home from work. I try to have dinner ready and waiting when he gets home.
Mop- yes or no?
About once a week.
Nylons- wash by hand or in the washing machine?
I don’t wear nylons. They are so out. I know I am pasty white, but lets be realistic.
Oven- do you use the window or open the oven door to check?
Door mostly, but window with the light for the kids.
Pizza- what do you put on yours?
Canadian Bacon and Pinapple. But on occasion I will add everything else to it too.
Quiet- what do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Read Harry Potter. I am trying to get ready for the 7th book by rereading all the first 6.
Recipe card box- yes or no? What does it look like?
Yes, just a simple black one. But I mostly use a notebook with recipes that I made.
Style of house- What style is your house?
2 story something.
Tablecloths and napkins- yes or no?
I agree, it is easier with kids to wipe a table than wash a tablecloth. However I have ruined my kids with napkins. We always have them. When we go to people’s houses that don’t use them, my kids ask for them anyway.
Under the kitchen sink- organized or toxic wasteland?
Organized.
Vacuum- how many times per week?
Usually once, although I spot vacuum more often. I used to a ton before all the kids, which is funny because now I need to more.
Wash- how many loads of laundry do you do per week?
Usually 3.
X's- do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
No. Daily things are habits for me, so I don’t really need a list. It is the extra things that I have to write down.
Yard- yes or no? Who does what?
We actually work best together. I love when we get out there and one of us mows while the other edges, etc. We even garden together.
Zzz's- what is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
Tidying. I hate waking to a messy house.
Post a Comment