First of all, here is a quick picture of me blowing out my candles on my birthday cheesecake before we left.
We drove up there on Wednesday the 4th. And got there around 4:00 p.m. We were originally supposed to stay until today. But Xander was so sick, it was SUPER hot, and Jared really wanted to have a full day (non Sunday) to play with his brother before he went home. So we came home on Friday (yesterday) the 6th.Xander immediately found Grandma and Grandpa's stash of licorice.
In the bunkhouse (where we have always stayed) we all sat around and visited. Here is Ann Marie (Andrew's sister (Andrew is Leisa's husband)) and my Aunt Eva (this is her house we were staying at).
Here is Morgan (my cousin Christy's daugher), my sister Leisa, and my other sister Crystal.
Here is Crystal, and Tanner (Jared's brother) and Jared.
This is my cousin Christy's little boy Dillan. Xander loved following Dillan around, but Dillan didn't like it nearly as much as Xander did.
Here we are outside the bunkhouse visiting. My Aunt Sharon (my Dad's sister) is in the hammock, then my dad, and Jared.
My uncle Phil (Sharon's husband) and my Dad were the chefs on this trip. We got a gourmet feast at every meal. Thanks again you two!
Here is Xander and Dillan playing in the grass. (Note this little area of grass was built so it could be converted into a pool by adding a tarp and filling it with water. You will see that a little later on. Smartest idea ever!)
Here is Leisa and her hubby Wally (or Andrew)
Xander loved the dogs. Leisa's dog Cordie and Sharon's dog Jezi (sp?) were the highlight of his day.
Xander LOVED the trampoline. He wanted to be on it every second of the day.
His cousin Xandra loved joining him.
(I love her little "I can't beleive she is taking more pictures" face)
That night, once I got Xander ready for bed, he decided it was time to play in the sandbox. Since we were on vacation, I figured "What the heck". So here he is in his PJ's playing.
We had some inner tubes out from tubing down the river. The kids thought that rocked!I told you that we would have pictures of the little dip covered in a tarp. Here it is. And what a brilliant idea it was too. Such a nice relief from the heat for the kids.
In the bunkhouse Xander wanted to climb up to the loft. He wanted to be just like the big kids. So finally Jared helped him up.

Here is Leisa, Wally and Ann Marie getting ready to go tubing down the river.
And Xander, once again, wanted on the trampoline.

Here is the gaggle of women (and Jared) chatting away the afternoon. (In order from left to right we have Amber, Jenny, Xandra, Crystal, JJ, Chelsea, Sharon and Jared).
Here is a cute picture of Auntie Chatzy with her neices and nephew on the trampoline.

But the highlight of everything for the kids (at a relief to the parents, because it kept the kids occupied and out of trouble) was a little sled that Jacqueline found to pull Xander around in.



Then Jenny took a turn pulling them around.
Then Jared....
And even Tanner. What can I say, the kids loved it!
Xander and JJ had so much fun playing together. They loved the Sandbox too!
Tanner and Xander have become inseperable. Here is a pic of them hanging out in the hammock. Tanner, I don't know what we are going to do when you go home on Monday. You have been a lifesaver to have around.
Here is Chatzy and Xandra conked out.
Crystal sitting on my Dad's lap.
My Aunt Sharon just chillin'
Here we are just gabbing away as we were loading up to leave on the last day.
I thought I would take a picture of my Aunt's house, so you could see how cool of a house they have. They live up a road, with their nearest neighbor about 5 miles away, and the national forest on the other side. What a fun country life they lead.
Here is their shed and tractor (to the right is the bunkhouse where we all hung out at and stayed)
Xander loved to play in the trunk while Dad was loading up the car.
On the way home the boys were EXHAUSTED!!! Here they are conked out on the drive home.

Such SUPER FUN TIMES! It brought back so MANY memories of summers/winters, and other occassions there. We are so grateful to my Aunt for being such a gracious host, and to my parents for putting the whole thing on. And to our wonderful chefs (Phil and Dad). Thanks again!
In the bunkhouse Xander wanted to climb up to the loft. He wanted to be just like the big kids. So finally Jared helped him up.

Here is Leisa, Wally and Ann Marie getting ready to go tubing down the river.
And Xander, once again, wanted on the trampoline.
Here is the gaggle of women (and Jared) chatting away the afternoon. (In order from left to right we have Amber, Jenny, Xandra, Crystal, JJ, Chelsea, Sharon and Jared).
Here is a cute picture of Auntie Chatzy with her neices and nephew on the trampoline.
But the highlight of everything for the kids (at a relief to the parents, because it kept the kids occupied and out of trouble) was a little sled that Jacqueline found to pull Xander around in.


Then Jenny took a turn pulling them around.
Then Jared....
And even Tanner. What can I say, the kids loved it!
Xander and JJ had so much fun playing together. They loved the Sandbox too!
Tanner and Xander have become inseperable. Here is a pic of them hanging out in the hammock. Tanner, I don't know what we are going to do when you go home on Monday. You have been a lifesaver to have around.
Here is Chatzy and Xandra conked out.
Crystal sitting on my Dad's lap.
My Aunt Sharon just chillin'
Here we are just gabbing away as we were loading up to leave on the last day.
I thought I would take a picture of my Aunt's house, so you could see how cool of a house they have. They live up a road, with their nearest neighbor about 5 miles away, and the national forest on the other side. What a fun country life they lead.
Here is their shed and tractor (to the right is the bunkhouse where we all hung out at and stayed)
Xander loved to play in the trunk while Dad was loading up the car.
On the way home the boys were EXHAUSTED!!! Here they are conked out on the drive home.
Such SUPER FUN TIMES! It brought back so MANY memories of summers/winters, and other occassions there. We are so grateful to my Aunt for being such a gracious host, and to my parents for putting the whole thing on. And to our wonderful chefs (Phil and Dad). Thanks again!

5 comments:
Mmm, cherry cheesecake! That looks like it was such a fun trip. I wish we could have gone. I am glad you had fun.
Yeah Yeah and YEAH!!!! Oh I am so happy you posted the pictures! Thank you thank you! Oh, how wonderful. I wish I could have been there.
Wow! What an update! I loved the pictures. Your yard looks huge now! I love your color's in your house!
great pictures thanks for coming
How fun! I love all the pictures! Looks like you guys had an amazing time!!!!
You should do a scrapbook page about your favorite memories of the place from growing up... my include a picture of you then (if you have one) and a picture from now... maybe with a picture of you and Xander... and talk about how you like passing on the memories to your child....
Miss you!
Post a Comment