Thursday, May 08, 2008

Help Silence my Husband

Jared and I disagree about which way to display the main menu of the next game we are working on (a game for iPhone/iPod).  So I told Jared I would post them both on the blog and have our viewers determine which one is better.  Without telling you which one I vote for, here are the two options:

Option 1:  All the balloons/menu items come in level

Option 2:  All the balloons/menu items come in staggered.

Please post your opinion (with rational backing it) and let us know which one you like best.  Hopefully you will help silence my husband.

12 comments:

Emily said...

Okay, I like both of them. I like the top because the two main balloons are big and central, but I like the second because it is more scattered and matches with the ibuble title at the top. I think I would like the 2nd one best if the balloons were bigger. But I like the top because it has a good focus. But both are good. Does that help?

Anonymous said...

I like them both. I, myself, like the 2nd one. With the staggered balloons on the bottom, to me it's more pleasing to the eye. I think it just looks more natural, what it would look like the mass balloons in the sky. Sorry if I picked the wrong one.

MaryRuth said...

I like the first one because I'm anal and like straight lines.

but i pick whichever one Heidi likes the best :)

Mom/Lisa said...

I can't vote because I don't want to offend anyone!

Marilyn Hardman said...

I like the second one because it is more like a list to select from and it is a more traditional format

Chatzy said...

Okay, I like the staggered one better. I think it is a little bit more like what a balloons would look like if they were in the air. I do wish that the baloons were just a little bit bigger, but I think that it is not a huge deal. I like it anyway. If by any chance i picked the one jared likes then I like the other one :)

Crystal said...

I like option one better because it's more organized and the two main options are big.

Anonymous said...

I like the top one!

Jenny says the one with the small ballons (the btm one) is too static. It says the game isn't convinced of itself.

Isaac

Sharon said...

Hummmmmmmmm....Staggered or Level?
I think I like the level balloons the bet but it makes sense to have balloons look like they are floating. I hope you are going to let us all know which one you liked the best in your next post.

The Maddens said...

#2, because I wanted to talk like Dr. Evil and say "This is my #2 man, his name is.......#2." Thats all.

Ryan and Angela said...

I like the first one. With the balloons staggered, it looks too busy and less user friendly.

Oh yeah, and I am anal-retentive, so straight lines work for me.

Anonymous said...

I like the straight lines too. Looks easier to navigate.