Friday, October 03, 2008

Xander's Birthday and Spears Visit

Yesterday was Xander's Birthday.  He turned 3.  I can't believe he is 3 already.  My how the time has FLOWN by.  We had a lot of fun on his birthday.  His cousins the Spears were coming through for conference, so they came and spent the day with us.  We started by taking the birthday boy to the zoo.

Here are all the kiddies at the zoo playing with the big ball on the water.

Here they are all in a little boat the zoo had.

Xander, Brandon and Kathleen (with Ryan in background) looking at the elephants.

A rarely seen picture of me carrying Xander.

Xander and the infamous lion drinking fountain.

Jared and Xander at the giraffes.

Ang, Cody and Kathleen with the giraffes.

Kathleen is such a perfect little model.  Sooo cute!

Xander and Brandon taking a little break  (they SERIOUSLY look sooo much alike in this picture.  If it weren't my child I probably couldn't tell them apart).

After the zoo we went to Tucanos for lunch.  I didn't know this but ALL the kids were free to eat there, making it VERY reasonable price for lunch.  It was sooo yummy!

We came home and had birthday cake and opened presents.  Here is the cake I made.


Here is Xander blowing out the candles.

Xander got a wonderful Diego toy from his cousins.  He LOVES it!  Thanks so much you guys!

He got a bag of stuff from his best friend Paul (markers, play dough, bubbles, etc.)

And from Mom and Dad he got a Buzz Lightyear ACTION FIGURE (not a doll).  (And some Mickey Mouse pajamas, see pictures further down).

Him with cake frosting all over his face.  He shoved his face straight into his cake and started eating.

Then we played with Peanut Butter Playdough (an Aunt Heidi specialty.  It was the FIRST thing Kathleen asked for when they got here).


Here is Xander getting ready for bed in his new Mickey pajamas.

Then here he is cuddling with Auntie Ang and Kathleen (he LOVED Ang).

Then before they left on Friday we had to get a picture of Brandon and I, the toothless wonders (he also is missing his front tooth).  It makes Brandon and I very close.  We bonded this weekend.

Then Xander got a card from Grandma Plumb in the mail.  It had $3 and train stickers.  At first he threw the $3 on the ground, and jumped straight for the choo choo stickers (I guess 3 year olds have no concept of money).  So later we took him to the dollar store and let him pick out 3 toys.  He chose Mickey crayons, airplanes, and a gun.

Here he is playing with the gun.

And he favorite of the 3 purchases, the airplanes (it came with 3).  In fact, he took one to bed with him.  Thanks Grandma for the fun card (we tried to call like 4 times today.  I hope you got our message).

What a fun weekend.  I am soooooo glad that our cousins could come and share this day with Xander.  Xander LOVED playing with Brandon and Cody.  When he got tired of the one, he would go play with the other one.  It was sooo fun to have them here!

I am especially glad we have this beautiful little boy in our lives.  I can't imagine life without him.  We love you Xander!!!!

8 comments:

Marilyn Hardman said...

what a fine time. Too bad I couldn't share in it this time.

Steven and Megan said...

Happy Birthday Xander! Wow what a fun weekend :) The cake is very cute too!

Mitch and Holly said...

Happy Birthday Xander. Looks like a very fun birthday. And what is peanut butter play dough? It sounds like something you need to share with me.

Sharon said...

What a fun birthday! I loved all the cute pictures,

* Nancy * said...

Heidi, what a beautiful little boy! It looks like Xander had a wonderful time...nothing but smiles in his pictures!

Ryan and Angela said...

I love all your pictures. Yours are way better than ours. I guess I had too many kids to chase around and forgot to get awesome pictues. We sure had fun with you guys. Thanks for everything.

HeidiPie said...

Happy Birthday Xander!! Kids grow up SOOO fast. And they look so much older all the time.

Mom/Lisa said...

What cute pictures!! I'm so glad he bought and liked the plane! What a doll!