Sunday, October 04, 2009

Xander turned 4!!!

We had a WONDERFUL weekend, full of friends, birthdays and fun. It all started on Thursday when Jared's sister Ang and her family came for a visit.

We started by playing with Peanut Butter Playdough. Something Kathleen begs for every time she comes.




We then watched Fantastic 4 - Rise of the Silver Surfer.


Then Ang and family left, and we got a card from Grandma Plumb. It had a punch ball in and $4. He was EXCITED!

Thursday night late, Jared's other sister Alyssa came to town with her fiance'. And Friday was her birthday too! So before she left for the day, we sang to her and she got to open presents.

She also brought a present for Xander. It was an AWESOME book, that he LOVES for me to read him at bedtime.

Xander wanted to take a picture of his decorations. He wanted a Batman theme, but after searching high and low we couldn't find any decorations. So we bought yellow balloons and drew batman logo's on them. Then black crepe paper. Here is how it turned out:


Friday we also made Batman Sugar cookies and let the kids decorate them:





Xander LOVED having his cousins to play with. He REALLY misses them now. Mom and Dad just aren't as fun as cousins are.

Then we had a birthday part for Xander later that night. My parents came and we made Cafe Rio Pork Burrito's (mmmmmmmmmmm).

We sang to Xander:

And he blew out his candles:

He got a Star Wars camera from my parents (he takes it EVERYWHERE)

An AWESOME toy race car set from Ang and family. He makes us play him non-stop. He LOVES it!

And from Mom and Dad he got Penguin and Joker to go in his Batcave (see above picture of Xander and his cousin Brandon playing with the Batcave)

It was soo fun. Thank you to everyone who came, and even those who wanted to, but couldn't because they were sick.

I love you Xander! I can't believe you are already 4!

11 comments:

Crystal said...

I'm so sad I missed it. The decorations and cafe rio burritos were awesome though!

christy said...

Happy Birthday Xander! I need to make one of those chains for Halloween and Avery's birthday. He keeps saying it's already Halloween and his birthday. He can't wait to go knock on doors and get candy.

Isaac said...

Happy Birthday Xan Man.

Love ya,

Ryan and Angela said...

I am so glad Xander likes his gift. That is what it is all about. Thanks for the super fun time.

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday Xander! Looks like a fun few days!

Leisa said...

So Fun. Thanks for letting us crash at your place it was fun hanging with you and getting killed in mario cart by my 4 year old nephew.

Steven and Megan said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you guys had fun!

Jonathan, Ashley, and Family said...

Happy birthday Xander!

Chatzy said...

I am so sad I missed it! Looks like you guys had fun, can't wait till the next get together!

Unknown said...

Looks like your party was better than the reunion...I really should have stayed with you guys!

Chris said...

Wow, 4 years old! Congratulations Jared and Heidi on a terrific looking boy! Looks like you all had a great time. Happy (late) Birthday!