Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Granite Countertops

Those of you who know me, you know I LOVE granite countertops. They are beautiful, natural, durable, and just plain AWESOME! I have always wanted granite countertops in my home. I was a little sad when we bought our home and they told us we had solid surface countertops throughout. It is quite obvious in the kitchen that the counters were solid surface, the bathrooms had a different solid surface pattern than the kitchen. I accepted this fact and moved on.

Image of solid surfacing:

Well, with our house up for sale I started noticing little things about my home. And one day as I was sitting on my bathroom counter doing my make-up I looked down and noticed that we have granite countertops in my bathrooms.

Image of granite:

I am a little ashamed to admit the fact that I, an experienced Interior Designer, did not notice for 2 1/2 years that I had granite countertops in my house. But I didn't. I just accepted the fact that the builder told us they were solid surface, after all, they built the house, you think they would know. So if you know anyone who wants to buy a house with granite countertops, send them my way...

5 comments:

Chatzy said...

ha ha ha! that is Hilarious!

Steven and Megan said...

Pretty funny :) I would love to buy a house with granite counter tops, but alas it is just not the right time in my life to buy a home.

Leisa said...

Wow. funny

christy said...

i love my granite in the kitchen. our bathrooms have the laminate that looks like granite but it's really cheap. i hate it. one day it will be granite too.

MaryRuth said...

Hooray! Happy Granite day!