This post is to stir a discussion about what the heck is up with summer movies. Now, most people who know me, know that I would rather not go to a theatre to see movies; but Jared loves too. So I have gone to two different movies this summer. One I loved and one I hate. The thing that perplexes me, is that everyone agree's they hate one of the movies and love the other. The problem is we don't agree on which one we love/hate. So post a comment and let me know what you thought of the following movies and why you loved/hated it. (I am trying to understand why people could like the one I didn't like, and what they could hate about the one I liked).
First movie: Superman Returns. Great movie. First of all, it is about Superman, and who could not like Superman. The casting was done very well, the person who played Superman (Brandon Routh) did an excellent job of being so powerful, yet so gentle at the same time. It had thrilling suspense, a little romance, and of course, Superman. It incorporated a little of the old movies (with Christopher Reeves), yet brought a fresh spin to bring it up to date. I found myself thoroughly entertained and I can't wait for it to come on DVD (and the original movies in a set, scheduled to be released this fall).
Second Movie: Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Mans Chest. What a horrible sequel!!! I thought the characters changed completely from what they were in the first one. Jack was no longer an honest pirate, he now lies. Commandor (sp?) Norrington left the first movie dignified, and in the second one he was a low life, vindictive scoundrel. Kiera Knightly turned into a floosey who suddenly liked Jack. And the most annoying part is that the movie didn't end. I sat through 2 1/2 hours of an awful movie to have nothing happen. Needless to say, I was severly disappointed.
Now your turn. Let me know what you thought of the summer movies and why you liked/didn't like them. I am eager to hear other people's opinions, even if they differ from mine.
3 comments:
I havn't seen either yet but I have heard that Superman was wonderful and Pirates wasn't that great. But one movie that I have seen that I just LOVED and can't wait for it to come out on DVD is Lady In The Water! It was soo good! IMO anyway. I'll have to see the other two and let ya know what I think.
Well, I haven't seen superman yet (sad but true). But I have heard mixed opinions. I mostly agree with you about Pirates. Although I do want to see it again without kids so I can actually get the dialog. But commodor Norrington was the thing that I didn't like the most about Pirates. He should be a good man, because that is what he was.
Who couldn't love superman. I also think brandon Routh did an absolutly fabulous job. The movie was intense and very entertaining Kate Bosworth( is that her name) Lois lane also did great at being the independant woman that lois is with while being so much prettier than the original lois.
Pirates. While i was entertained i was also bored stiff. I kept thinking to myself is it over yet what else could possibly happen and when i thought ok this is it I was totally wrong there was more to come. So the conclusion is. Superman is my favorite movie of the summer and PIrates totally drowned.
Post a Comment