Saturday, August 18, 2007

Our Neighborhood BBQ, and other pics:

I downloaded the pictures from the camera today and had a few random ones, plus the ones I took today of our neighborhood BBQ. It turned out to be a BLAST!!! We had everyone who was able to come here. Only two of our neighbors didn't come, but it was because they both had previous plans. We weren't sure if we were going to be able to have it, because it rained hard off and on all day (one minute the sun would be out, the clouds cleared. Then next it would be thundering and lightinging (is that really a word) and POURING rain). But it did clear, for a little while. Anyhow, here are the pics:

Here we are scooping up our food:

And here is most the people playing in our backyard (they all look so tiny)


Here is our neighbors little girl Eternity.
Then, it started POURING RAIN!!!!!!!! And I mean POURING! So we pulled out the Wii.


Everyone had a LOT of fun, and I am so glad so many people came. (We counted about 25-30 people who were here).
Also, here are some random other pictures.
Crystal was here a few weeks back, so here is a pic of her and Xander. (I know somehow one day Xander will be traumatized by the fact his Auntie Crystal saw him naked in the tub, but in the meantime I thought it was cute)

Then, Xander has a new favorite snack of pudding. He LOVES these. In fact, he will now go to the pantry first thing in the morning to ask for a pudding instead of his normal Chocolate milk...

Also, Xander has learned how fun it is to "cheese" for the camera. He says Cheese and everything.
Well, that sums up our week. Now, I am SUPER tired, and am going to go to sleep.

9 comments:

Leisa said...

so so so much fun! who wouldn't have fun at your house the yard and the Wii what could be better

MaryRuth said...

Ok, I guess I'm glad that your BBQ went so well but I was really hoping that you would still be so sad from missing us that it would be a while before you made any new friends.

hahah... just kidding... glad your party went well. And I'm jealous of your huge yard!

Crystal said...

oh my so cute!! I love the one of me and xander. (he'll get over it I'm sure). I think it's just lightning, not lightninging. I don't know though

Mom/Lisa said...

How nice that you put together the neighborhood party! Xander is soooooooooo cute saying, "Cheese."

Chatzy said...

That looks like so much fun! I think we should have another BBQ soon! I know what your saying about the rain though off and then on again in like ten minutes, then pouring. Welcome to my trip to Jackson Hole!

Marilyn Hardman said...

That Xander is just full of it.
That is fun that you had the neighbors over.

Emily said...

I didn't realize how big your back yard was until I saw the picture with people in it---they look like little ants. I am happy you had a BBQ. I think it is important to be friends with your neighbors. Go you. Once again you are the gracious hostess.

Erin L said...

Its your cousin. Since you posted on mine, I thought I'd post on yours. Fun blog. Its fun to see what ya'll are up to. Don't you just love your wii. We like ours a lot.

Ryan and Angela said...

Looks like fun. I wish I lived in your neighborhood. And I will be sure to stock up on pudding before your visit (my kids love it too).