Thursday, March 20, 2008

Misc Pictures

I received a call from my sister today (thanks Lu) to see if I was still alive.  She was a little concerned because I hadn't updated my blog in a while (which wasn't like me).  So I thought I better take a minute and post what I have been up to.

The day after my last post I had a TRUCKLOAD of dirt delivered to my house.  I only needed about 5 cubic yards, but 11 was the same price, so I got 11 yards of dirt and had to pawn the rest off on the neighbors (they didn't mind though).  So for the last part of the week, I spent my days wheeling dirt to all the neighbors houses.

Once I got all the excess dirt gone, the real work began.  I had to dig up my sprinklers and move them and replace them with taller heads.  I also had to dig trenches for my rain spouts to point them away from the house.  Then I had to fill the flower beds in with dirt, and level it all.  Oh, and I also had to cut off the plumbing stack and bury it under ground.

Anyhow, here are the before and after pictures:

Before:
After:
Before:
After:
Before:
After:
See the dirt on the grass there.  That is how far out my mound of dirt came when I had it delivered in the truck.

Then Jared had been BEGGING me to send him pictures of me.  He didn't have any at all, and he said he really missed seeing me during the day.  So I took these two pictures and sent them to him.  He liked them so much I thought I would post them too.

Here is one of me missing Jared.
And here is one of me excited he comes home tomorrow.
A few random side notes.  I got a call from Jared's mom today.  Jared's brother Jon and his wife Ashley had their baby girl today.  Congrats you two.  

But the best news of all is that my BFF in the whole world MaryRuth announced she is pregnant!!!  I am so stinkin' excited for her and her husband Joey.  They are going to be the best parents EVER!!!  I love you guys and wish you were still our neighbors.

Oh, and the swing set is still in the garage, not put together.  Perhaps this Saturday with Jared (and his jetlag).

10 comments:

Josh n Betsie said...

Wow you have been busy. Do you want to come make my house and yard look pretty?

Chatzy said...

I am so glad you updated! I kept looking to see and there was no update :( Sad. But I like the pictures of you and I am excited for your friend Mary Ruth. I met her once when I stayed with you in Spokane. So congrats Mary Ruth

MaryRuth said...

I'm so impressed with you the yard goddess!!! How the heck do you know how to do all that??? Changing sprinkler heads?? Holy cow, girl! I'm impressed!!

And thanks for the well wishes... it's still a little weird to see it typed out like that... weird but SO cool!! Thanks!! We love you!!!

Mom/Lisa said...

Great job with the yard-what an amazing amount of work you keep doing! And cute pictures of you!

Ryan and Angela said...

Wow, your flower beds look so nice and ready to go. Good job. I can't wait to see your easter pictures soon.

Crystal said...

Your flower beds look amazing! I'm so impressed. I'm so excited for MaryRuth. I remember meeting her, she's such a cutie pie. I love you to death. thanks for FINALLY updating

Crystal said...

Your flower beds look amazing! I'm so impressed. I'm so excited for MaryRuth. I remember meeting her, she's such a cutie pie. I love you to death. thanks for FINALLY updating

Steven and Megan said...

Good job with your yard! And it was kinda weird that it had been awhile since you updated. It's time for an updated on my blog but my hubby is always the one to do it because I haven't learned how to blog yet. I will learn one day though...

Emily said...

Ya, I was totally weirded out that you hadn't posted. I am so happy everything is okay! I was worried.

The yard looks great! Well done, well done.

Anonymous said...

I didn't notice that you didn't post because I'm on about a two week to four week checking cycle. Please call if you need me and don't post.