The week continued by having Jared getting rear-ended by a transvestite in downtown Salt Lake. Luckily no real damages, but imagine Jared's surprise when he notices a girl fixing her wig hit him, then a very manly voice getting out of the car and asking if he is "OK." Then he got sick on Wednesday night, and so on. The only problem was he had meetings with people from CA at work, so he still had to go in. YUCK! Luckily Saturday came, and we both took turns sleeping while the other one watched Xander.
Sunday, I realized we had better get rolling on things since Jared was leaving for China Monday (today). So I got up early and started washing laundry before I ran off to church (Jared and Xander stayed home). I got home from church and went to switch laundry, and my dryer wouldn't work. I called my mom and begged her to let us come use her dryer, so instead of staying home recuperating, I was at my moms doing laundry.
One good thing that came out of the day was my Dad agreed to take Jared to the airport at 5:00 am today (Monday) so I didn't have to. THANKS DAD! I got up and called a repair man to come look at the dryer.
At 11:00 I got a call from Jared (I figured he must have landed in S.F. at that point) telling me the plane broke down, and that he was still in Salt Lake, that he was going to miss his flight to Shanghai and I needed to come get him. So I cancel my repair appointment, and go pick up Jared (who is still a little sick).
Now, tomorrow morning I will be the one who has to take him to the airport at 5:00 am. Ugh! what a week!!!
8 comments:
I am so sorry. That sounds stinky-poopy. If you couldn't tell I had kids before, you can now by the comment stinky-poopy. But that is how your week sounds. I hope things get better.
Oh Man! That sucks really bad! I do not envy you in the slightest little bit. Really, that sucks really super bad.
oh that really does suck. And i was whining cause my dog wouldn't let me sleep. I'm such a baby. You are way worse than me.
Oy! You are such a trooper for not having gone seriously wacko- I probably would have. I wished I lived closer so I could come help you out. Hopeflly things will get much, much better!
Oh wow! What a week. I am so so sorry. At least they fixed the plane while it was on the ground. Right?
That is so sad. Poor Heidi. I am sorry you are sick and all the craziness happened with Jared. My flight on Saturday got delayed a few hours and when it finally arrived they said comforting words like, "Hey, where is the gas man? Does anyone know where the gas man is?" Then when we landed it was, "Oh, well, I guess we surprised them because they weren't expecting us here and no one is here to park us." Gotta love flying.
So sorry!!!! If I lived around there I woujld bring you dinner!!
Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! The good news is next week can't be as bad-right? Let's hope! Hang in there.
Post a Comment