We got a trampoline (yeah) for Xander to play with, and I decided it is nice enough out to set-up. But with Jared gone to China (yes, he really did make it out this morning) I decided I would set it up myself. It only took me one hour for the frame and such, but another hour just to tie down the mats. It was worth it though because Xander loves it!!!

Here it is, so lonely in my backyard. Waiting for it's friend, the swing set to join him.
This is how far I have gotten on the swingset. Everything is still just sorted into pieces. Now that it is all sorted, the directions say it should take 6-12 hours for two people. I wonder how long that means it will take one person....
My project for tomorrow is my flower beds. I have ordered some topsoil/mulch compound (with special thanks to my Aunt Nina for giving me the help I need to determine the type of soil needed). It will be delivered tomorrow, and then I can make my ugly looking flower beds look pretty. Here they are today:

I ordered enough to add 6" onto all this. It currently sinks in 3" so it will make it 3" taller overall. I will add pictures when it is done. Hopefully it won't rain tomorrow....
7 comments:
How fun, a trampoline and a new swing set!?! You guys are the best parents ever! Plus I love your cute little house and I am so jealous you have flower beds. . . happy planting tomorrow! So I fixed my blogging comment thing, I had gotten a comment that had a virus and it freaked me out. . . but it is back to normal again! I can't wait to see pictures of your pretty flowers and Xander's swing set!
Natalie
Oh I love the trampoline!!! I'm so jealous of Xander!!
Man, you went all out this year for your spoiled little boy. A trampoline and a swing set. I guess my kids have them too. So I am not one to talk.
But I can't wait to see the flower beds. I am so excited. Good luck surviving without Jared.
Wow Heidi, you're really keeping yourself busy! Can't wait to see what everything looks like when it's all set up and finished.
Holy cow, you have your work cut out for you! Xander sure looks cute in these pics. He is always so happy!
I can tell you from my own experience that Xander really does love that tramp. I thought he was going to burst with excitement from playing on it. You are such a good mom!
Setting up a giant swingset all by yourself? That is daring. I think you should call your dad to come help you. I would. In fact, he would probably just do it for you. That's even better, right? Seriously, that is really fun to have a swingset and trampoline. You will never be inside this summer. :)
Post a Comment