Sunday, May 18, 2008

Flower Beds, Showers, and Cole

This weekend was a really busy weekend.  On Friday I went to my Aunt Nina's house and she sold me a BUNCH of flowers that she grew in her greenhouse.  So Saturday morning I got up bright and early and planted my flower beds.  Here are some "before" and "after" pictures.  (Now my shrubs don't look so lonely)

Flower Bed Before:
Flower Bed After:
Flower Bed Before:
Flower Bed After:
I can't wait until they all fill in and grow.  Thanks Nina for growing such AWESOME flowers!

Then I went to a baby shower for my BFF in the whole world MaryRuth.  She lives in Texas now, but her family is in Utah.  She came to town for her brothers graduation, and her family decided to throw her a shower.  I was lucky enough to be invited into their home and celebrate this exciting event with them.  Her sister Emma (click this link for pictures) threw the CUTEST shower ever, and I had so much fun visiting.  I didn't get any pics though.  Sigh.  So MaryRuth, when you get home, and unload your pictures, I want a copy of the one of you and me.

I had to rush home, because Jared's friend Colby and his wife were coming over.  We had fun playing with them.  And Xander LOVED playing with their kids.  So much so that he threw a tantrum when we put him to bed (at almost nine) that lasted well past 11 pm.  If I ever wanted to beat my kid, it was last night.  Oy!

Then Sunday (today) I went up to my sister Leisa's house to see my newest nephew Cole.  He is such a doll!  A perfect little baby.

Here is the beautiful mother (and she looked soo cute today too).:

Then the favorite Aunt holding Cole:

Then Xander being mad a dad for not letting him hold the camera and take pictures.

Well, that sums up my weekend adventures.  Until next time...

6 comments:

Steven and Megan said...

Your flower beds look great! I love flowers. Cole is such a cute baby and I can't wait to see him in real life! That was a cute picture of you holding him :)

Chatzy said...

Way cute picture of you holding Cole. I'm afraid to tell you though that you are not the favorite aunt. YOu will definently have to fight me for that title

Sharon said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend. Your flowers are going to be absoultely beautiful! You and Cole are to cute!

Jandre said...

My goodness, we found the Plumb's! Jared, I haven't seen you in FOREVER!!! Nice to find you guys! Congrats on the son!

Ryan and Angela said...

Super cute. I love the name Cole too. We debated it, but thought it sounded silly with our last name. Leisa looks beautiful. What's her trick? It took me a year after giving birth to look decent.

MaryRuth said...

Heidi-- Thanks for coming to my shower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a long drive but it meant the world to me that you came... you're one of my dearest friends and I love you so much!!!

I'll email you when I get home this week.

Love you!