Since Jared has the week off of work this week, we thought we would go and play. However, since we are on a tight budget due to a BUNCH of unexpected expenses, we were keeping it low key. So today we went to my sister Leisa's house.
Xander LOVED all the baby toys around. Here he is in his old Jumperoo.

Here is my cutie husband most of the time (except for when he was entertaining Xander during our craft time)


Then Leisa had to give Xander a binky (which he freaked out about at bedtime when I wouldn't give it to him again) and put him in the crib to play. He LOVED it!


Then for our craft, Leisa wanted to make her built-in toy chest fit the theme of the room more. So we decided to draw animals in the little "windows" of the toy chest, then paint them in. Here I am sketching out our design.


We ran out of time to completely finish it. Just picture this with the giraffe painted, then all of it outlined in black. To the left is an Alligator, a giraffe, and a lion.


These pictures don't do it justice, because it is SUPER cute in context of the room. Plus we didn't quite finish them, but hopefully when Lu finishes them she posts the pictures on her blog.
It was a fun day. Thanks Lu for letting us visit!!!



6 comments:
so fun!!! and I LOVE the craft project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's too cute
Oh my goodness, that is so cute! I am so jealous that you got to go see Leisa and I am stuck working. Sad :(
You are so talented. I wish I could just sketch something up, paint it and have it look like that. My mother-in-law painted a beautiful tree in my older sons nursery. It was a Classic Pooh theme and she called it the "thinking tree." I'm jealous.
I love the toy chest! You are sooooooooo talented!
How fun to have your sister close enough to visit. The drawings were so cute. But Xander with all the baby stuff was the cutest.
Post a Comment