Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ugh..

We all have those days, right?  Where we wonder if being a parent is worth it?

Lately Xander has decided that dinner time is the time to throw tantrums.  Now usually, he eats a little food, and then he is fine.  On a few rare occasions he continues until we send him to his room, where he cries for a bit, says he needs to go pee, then is fine once we let him out to go.  

Well, today it has been over an hour, and he is STILL throwing a fit.  I let him out to go pee and he just sat on the toilet and screamed.  So finally I put him in a diaper (much wrestling ensued) and locked him in his room until he calmed down.  He is still going.  Walls being kicked, toys being thrown, and non stop "pee, pee, pee".

Why is it we wanted to have kids again?

UPDATE:  2 hours - the total amount of time Xander screamed tonight.  

5 comments:

Steven and Megan said...

Oh wow.... I'm sorry! Just try to remember all the things you love about him??? Ha hopefully that works!

Leisa said...

oh poor heidi!! that's really crappy!

Sharon said...

That's how the name "The Terrible Two's" was created. I promise, it does get better. Your a great mom!

MaryRuth said...

Joy. So mucht to look forward to :)

Mom/Lisa said...

Are you kidding-Xander would never scream. He looks so innocent! You can always send him to grandma, by the way.