I am warning you now, that this is going to be a REALLY long post. But it has a LOT of pictures, so it balances out.
CHRISTMAS PREPARATIONS
We have had a very good Christmas season. Once my implant was done and we got back from being out of town, we went into full swing Christmas mode.
We made Rice Crispy treats for the neighbors. Xander wanted one purple batch, so we have purple, green and red rice crispies that we took to all the neighbors.


Jareds family has a tradition of making Ham Loaf for Christmas (like a meatloaf, but out of ham). Here is the picture of the hamloaf before I glazed it and cooked it. (I didn't make the homemade wheat rolls though, I just used Rhodes rolls). I think it turned out good.


CHRISTMAS EVE
We spent Christmas Eve at my parents house. It was supposed to be my whole family (the first time we were all together in a VERY, VERY long time (actually Jared's family gets together more frequently than all of my family)). But Leisa got really sick, and stayed home puking. Poor Leisa.
CHRISTMAS DAY
Jared got a Lego Batmobile set that he had been asking for.
Xander got a "Bat cave". It came with a Batman, Robin, Batbike, Command Center, and three levels of fun! He LOVES it. He won't let Batman or Robin out of his site. He takes them to bed, outside, EVERYWHERE!

Xander got a "Bat cave". It came with a Batman, Robin, Batbike, Command Center, and three levels of fun! He LOVES it. He won't let Batman or Robin out of his site. He takes them to bed, outside, EVERYWHERE!
Here is a picture of the other random smattering of things we got (board games, cookie cutter set, movies, video games, and toy dart guns.)


Xander also got a Batman fighting toy thingy (you know the ones you hit and they bounce back up). Oh, and if you can't tell Xander is REALLY, REALLY into Batman right now. I think it is because he LOVES to play Lego Batman.




Xander and Mom playing Ultimate Band on the Wii (this is the game Jared's company just finished). It is pretty fun. My arms got sore.




Then here is Jared putting together his 1078 piece batmobile set. He has been working on it for about 4 hours, and is half way done.


DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS
The day after Christmas my brother Ike and his family came down, and the adults went out to eat while Crystal and Emily babysat the kids. It was a LOT of fun. We went to Outback, and the food was DELICIOUS!!!
Afterwards we came back to our place and played for a little bit (until Jared's scheduled WoW Raid). Here is Jared and JJ playing with the dart guns.


Then we played ultimate band together. Xandra was going to town dancing along while we played. You can't tell from the pictures, but it was ADORABLE!!!




TODAY
Then today, I decided I HAD to fix our sofa set. For those of you who come here often, you know the back cushions are ALWAYS sinking in. It has gotten so bad lately, that when you sit down, you get the support bar in your back, and not a cushion. I couldn't take it any more. So I ripped off the back cushions to find out why. This is what I found.


The only thing holding the cushions in place were those green straps, and the cushions were just falling right between them, and making it so there was no cushion at all. So we went to Lowes and bought some boards, and I placed them in the sofa to fill those holes like so:


Then I had picked up fabric and we covered the boards, and it looks and feels brand new:
Anyhow, like I said it has been pretty eventful around here. I haven't even had a chance to post pictures since our Gingerbread Party on the 6th (YIPES!) Speaking of parties, we are having a New Years Party at our place. Anyone who wants to come is invited. We will be making homemade root beer and playing games.
Anyhow, like I said it has been pretty eventful around here. I haven't even had a chance to post pictures since our Gingerbread Party on the 6th (YIPES!) Speaking of parties, we are having a New Years Party at our place. Anyone who wants to come is invited. We will be making homemade root beer and playing games. Well, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!








6 comments:
Wow, you never cease to amaze me. I love your plan for the couch. I mean sofa. You are pure genius. It looks like your boys had a great christmas. You sure spoil them, I hope they know that. I loved seeing all the things we talked about on the phone.
What a beautful Christmas you had. You are remarkable with the couch! I would never have thought of it. Your sisters and mom are so beautiful! I love seeing your family too. Xander is adorable, though I can't tell who's more excited about Batman, Jared or Xander.
So this is not on the subject of christmas but i noticed your wow vs. hunter and was wondering what your husband is ally or horde and also what server does he play on by the way this is your cousin Amy and my husband and i play the game so i was just wondering
Amy - if you read this, e-mail me at heidi@dracosoft.com. I don't have your e-mail or anyway to answer you, so here is my quick answer to your question.
Jared plays alliance. He is a level 80 warlock, he plays on the silvermoon server. He plays with his three brothers in a guild and really enjoys it.
very creative for the couch!
SOunds like such a fun christmas! and I too love how you fixed your couch! Now I need to come sit on it.
Post a Comment