We had a great Christmas Eve today. It started off early when Jared's parents left this morning (we miss you guys! And Xander really misses Tanner and kaylee). I cleaned the house (a little), made Christmas Day dinner (Ham and Scalloped Taters), shoveled the walk (since I didn't do that while we had company), and played with Xander.
We went to my parents house for Christmas Eve dinner (soup). And hung out there until almost bedtime. We came home and got things ready for Santa. It is tradition that we open all the presents under the tree on Christmas Eve to make room for Santa's presents. Xander was sooo tired (since he didn't sleep much while his Aunt and Uncle were here), that he cried about having to open presents:

After he calmed down, we were able to open the presents under the tree. It felt more like Christmas than Christmas Eve. We were very blessed from friends and family (mostly Jared's family TOTALLY spoiled us).
Xander got a Candy dispenser and a little game from Aunt Joyce (we got an Outback gift certificate):


We also got a random package from someone (we don't know who. Jared answered the door, and said he didn't know who it was. By the time I got there, they were gone). It contained this toy for Xander:


It also had the garage the goes with that, and fishy crackers. There was also a big fruit basket with misc food and fruit. Yummy. The biggest surprise came when we were opening it tonight though. We found three small envelopes. One had a Walmart gift card in with a LARGE amount of money on it. One was cash in the same amount. And one, and I think the most touching one, was another envelope with a small amount of cash and some change. Whoever this was obviously has some small children, and they contributed their hard earned money to us as well. I wish, I knew who it was so I could properly thank them. So neighbors and friends, if you hear or know who did this. Please relay my most sincere and humble thanks. I was INCREDIBLY touched by their, and their children's, thoughtfulness.
Jared's sister Ang and family got us an AWESOME calendar from National Geographic:
Jared's parents also got us a yearly subscription to National Geographic Kids. I used to get that as a kid and LOVED it. I am soo excited that Xander now gets that too!
Jared's parents also got us a yearly subscription to National Geographic Kids. I used to get that as a kid and LOVED it. I am soo excited that Xander now gets that too!My mom got Xander new Buzz Lightyear pajamas (that is what he is wearing on all the pictures).
But his favorite toy of the day, and the one he wanted to take to bed was......
The helicopter from Grandpa Plumb. Thanks Grandpa!!!
Again, it has been a VERY humbling Christmas already. I feel sooo blessed by everyone's generosity this time of year. I can't wait for Christmas tomorrow.
Merry Christmas everyone!







2 comments:
You guys really blessed! I'm so happy that you are having such a wonderful Christmas!
What's with our boys having matching clothes? Austin has the same Buzz p.j's. He loves them and wears them all the time. It sounds like you had an awesome Christmas Eve. Whoever sent that gift basket was very very thoughtful. I love random acts of kindness.
Post a Comment