Saturday, August 25, 2007

Time for an Update....

I know it has been way too long without an update. And I, like all my sisters, don't like checking blogs that haven't been updated (like mine was all week). So even though I have nothing new to post, I thought I would update something. So here is a random list with a random picture at the end:

  1. Jared and I just finished watching all the seasons (that are out on DVD) of Scrubs. Now we just need the season that just ended (which I DID NOT like how they ended it) and we are up to date. I can't wait for the new season to start (the last Thursday in October). GO SCRUBS!!!!
  2. I mowed my lawn twice this week. The first time took 2-1/2 hours. WAY TOO LONG. But it had been raining LOTS so the grass grew LOTS and it was SUPER wet. The next time took me 1 hour and 10 minutes (a new record). I guess they even out to the average 1-1/2 hours.
  3. Xander has been a PILLLLLLL (with a capital PILL) this week. But yesterday I noticed that his back molars are coming in. At least now I know why....
  4. Speaking of which, his rash is starting to clear. It took its' time and spread all over his body, and now is starting to go away. HOORAY!
  5. Jared and I bought a new movie to watch tonight ("The Jerk" with Steve Martin). We were both excited, it was an older one neither of us had seen in a VERY long time, and even then only on TV. Neither of us remembered much about it, but it had a guy we liked in it. So we thought it would be fun to see. We get it home, and after Xander went down, we popped popcorn, got our pillows and blankets out, and popped it in the DVD player, only to have the "this movie is R-rated" message pop up. "WHAT!" (For those of you who don't know, Jared and I don't watch R-rated movies). So we took it out, and I am going to have Jared give it to a co-worker. Sigh. We watched "The Pacifier" instead (Jared's choice).
  6. We're going out of town for Labor Day Weekend. I am excited about that. It will be fun to go and play.
  7. Jared took Xander and let me sleep in this morning. Talk about heaven. I haven't done that in WAY too long. It was GREAT!
  8. I have been debating how to paint my bedroom. I have decided I want Mustard Yellow for my ceiling. Then the walls to be some combination of purple/red/brown/pink (like my comfortor is). I haven't exactly decided how yet. (Opinions and thoughts welcome)
  9. I LOVE my calling as Jr. Primary Chorister. It ROCKS! I would have NEVER pictured myself in this calling, but it is the funnest calling I EVER had.
  10. I'm out of things to post. So this is a random picture for number 10. It is a picture of my mom and her three Grandkids EXACTLY one year ago.

Hope you all enjoyed my random post and picture.

6 comments:

Crystal said...

1-Scrubs is the best. And i totally agree. JD and Elliot need to just be done with.
2-Yeah for your new record!
3-teeth are the worst...
4-Yea!!
5-That's really a bummer it was R. You'll be blest though
6-Yeah for out of town! Where are you going?
7-Oh, Jared is such a good husband.
8-I don't know how you should paint. I'm not good with colors but whatever you decide, I will love it
9-Primary rocks
10- that's the cutest picture ever! I love it.

Thanks for updating. It makes me so happy!

The Maddens said...

That was by far you best random list yet. A good update of what has been happening. Loved it. Now I just need Bethany to do the same.

Emily said...

Love the picture of mom and the kids! It makes me smile when I look at the gleeful expression on Jaquline and Xander's face.

Ryan and Angela said...

When did your comment page become a pop-up? Anyway, cute pic of your mommy. Can't wait to hear about your Labor day trip.

Chatzy said...

1- I love scrubs!
2. I wish I could mow my lawn... yeah not really
3. I'm sorry XanMan is such a pill. Maybe you should eat him.
4. Glad his rash is clearing. I would wait till its completely gone though before eating him though
5. Silly people who buy rated R movies
6. Hooray for vacation
7. Thats way nice Jared let you sleep in.
8. I stil have no advise on how to paint your bedroom. But whatever you do will be fabulous
9. I wish there were little kids in my singles ward so I could be the Jr. Primary Chorister
10. I love the pic

Sharon said...

It sounds like you are a very busy mom. It makes me reflect on the good old days when my girls were young. Your such a good mom! Xander is lucky to have you!