Jared e-mailed me early this morning (late Monday night for him) and let me know he made it to China. He highlighted a few things that he already loves about China:
1 - no seatbelt laws
2 - no tipping at restaurants
3 - it's just like the US, but you can't read the signs
4 - everything is dirt cheap
For those who are curious, I added a time clock to my blog to say the current time in Shanghai (located at the top right of the page).
1 - no seatbelt laws
2 - no tipping at restaurants
3 - it's just like the US, but you can't read the signs
4 - everything is dirt cheap
For those who are curious, I added a time clock to my blog to say the current time in Shanghai (located at the top right of the page).
Then later today we were able to video chat for a minute. It was fun. I took some screen shots of the view he showed me from his room (note the large picture is from his camera view, the small picture is my camera):
Then he showed me his quick reference guide to Chinese he got:
Fun times in China for Jared.

Then he showed me his quick reference guide to Chinese he got:
Fun times in China for Jared.
5 comments:
I am so jealous. I wish I could go to china for a couple weeks. Those pics you posted are pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.
Oh how fun!!! Can't wait to come visit you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh my goodness. It looks awesome. I'm so glad he likes it. I was worried. That makes me so happy. I guess I'll let you move there... I love the clock!
Thanks so much for the China info! Dad and I both loved reading about the "fun facts" and seeing the pics. Dad's wondering how Jared feels about the food there. Dad loves an authentic Chinese restaurant he goes to when he's in L.A. We especially like the webcam shots of you and Xander. How cute is that!
On the list of Useful Chinese Words I thought it said 'the piano receipt' - I can see how that one would come in useful.
Post a Comment