Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Post 1 - Christmas Day

Our Christmas was lucky enough to start a day early.  On Christmas Eve Jared got his much anticipated Heroscape expansion packs.  So we opened those and played last night.

Here is Jared with his expansions:

Here Jared and Xander are saying "cheese"

When Santa came he asked Jared to help him set-up one of the presents.  Here is Jared helping Santa set-up a bouncing castle:

Here are the presents under the tree:

Here is the final castle after Jared and Santa set it up.


Oh, and Jared bought me flowers for a Christmas gift.  They are so beautiful.  Thanks Jared.

Here is Jared ready to play Heroscape with me.

Christmas morning Xander was so confused by the big blow-up caslte in the front room.  Here is a picture of him looking at it:

Eventually he learned he could play in it, and then we lost him for the morning.  He didn't even care to open his other presents.


Finally we talked him into opening some.  Here he is opening his collection of McQueen cars.

Here he got a Mickey and Goofy stuffed animal:

And here he is with his hotwheels.

He also got a big rug map to play with his cars on.


Then he realized "CANDY"!

The castle came with some blow-up spears.  He was really excited to "attack" dad with them.

"cheese"

After all the presents were opened, Daddy tried to take a nap, but Xander wanted to join him.

We had a really great Christmas day.  Xander LOVED all the toys he got and he wouldn't quit playing with McQueen.  I hope you all enjoyed your holiday too.  Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Mom/Lisa said...

These pics are wonderful! I miss you kids so much on holidays. I love the detailed blog to make me feel like I'm there. The cheeses are so funny. I love the pic of you with Xander. You look more excited than he dows. The castle is so cool! Merry Christmas.

Ryan and Angela said...

That blow-up castle looks AWESOME! I bet Xander gets good use out of it. And with Santa's time crunch, I am sure he much appreciated Jared's help.

MaryRuth said...

Yay Christmas! I love all the pictures!!! And I want a castle just like Xanders!!!

Chris said...

Your a trooper Heidi, Tamy would never play such a long game (Heroscape) with me. We bought War of the Ring and she sat through it, but it was way to long for her. I noticed our limit for game is around 2 1/2 hours. Unless we are playing Runebound, then it's just a matter of where the kids are.