Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Week in Review (without pictures)

This past week since Thursday has kind of been a blur.  It was Jared's Christmas party for work on Thursday night.  I had arranged with my mom to take Xander for the night.  And she thought she would just take him for two nights (rock on!).  

The Christmas party was fun.  I even ran into my old high school friend Andrea, who I haven't seen since we graduated.  Her husband works for Avalanche (the sister company) and we had a nice chat to catch up.

On the way home we decided to stop at a store quick and pick up some stuff.  And as we were headed home from that (about 1/2 a mile from our home) at 10:00 at night, my mom calls to say Xander was throwing up.  Ugh!  There goes my sleeping in.  Sigh.

So we turn around and drive up to Morgan and pick up my fevered barfing boy.  (Mom, I'm soooo sorry that you had to clean up his throw-up three times in one hour.  Grandma's should never have to deal with that).  The next few nights are a blur.  Little sleep, lots of crying (from Xander, not me).  All he wanted for the next few days was to be held.  Sigh.  So that is all I did.

Come Monday he was FINALLY back to normal.  Yeah.  I got my life back in order, the house cleaned (from a weekend of it getting trashed).  And everything cleaned up.

Today Jon and his wife and kids stopped by unexpectedly for the day.  Xander had a lot of fun playing with his cousins.  I took some pictures, but we are in the process of backing up our photos, and we haven't gotten to a point where we are ready for new ones yet, thus the title "Week in Review (without pictures)".

Well, that updates our weekend.  Sorry we don't have pictures or anything.  But it had been a while since I updated, and I was starting to feel guilty.  (Now it is everyone else's turn to feel guilty for not updating....)

6 comments:

Josh n Betsie said...

its always the worst when your kids are sick. I always feel so helpless.

MaryRuth said...

sorry little Xander was so sick!!

Hope you're holding up as well!!

Chatzy said...

so sad, I hate it when my kids are sick... o wait I don't have any. Well I'm sure if I had kids it would make ne feel sick

Ryan and Angela said...

You are right. I do feel guilty now. I guess I should update my blog as well.

Man, as if December isn't crazy enough as it is, I am sorry you had to add the flu to that.

Jared said...

I don't know if that comment about Xander crying and not Heidi is completely accurate...

The Maddens said...

guilt free. Thank you very much.