Thursday, December 13, 2007

The official word on China

Yesterday we got the official word about China.  We will NOT be moving there.  They figured that to move us there for 4 months would be $150,000 and they just don't have the budget for that.  (How in the world it would be that expensive we have NO CLUE!  In our WORST case scenario it would only be $50,000.  I think they just pulled together random numbers so it would be too expensive because someone it too lazy to figure out the real details).  So very sad, but true.  Of course Jared still gets to go over for three weeks at a time for the remainder of the project (another fact I am not happy about).  But Xander and I have to stay here, in the cold states.  I am so mad about this I could just spit nails.  I mean, I already sent out my Christmas Cards telling everyone we were moving.   UURGHHH!  Also, we had so many friends lined up to come and visit us there.  I just hope they didn't buy tickets yet.  Anyhow, I'm mad.  We're not going.  And that's that.

9 comments:

Sharon said...

Sorry to hear about China. I know you had your heart set on going.

Anonymous said...

Dang it! I was excited for you. Maybe you can at least go visit Jared on one of his trips there?

Anonymous said...

poor chatzy and weston. That is going to make living in your place more awkward.

Emily said...

Heidi, I am so sorry. That is so lame of them! Is there any chance you would still get to go? Maybe we can still go to China anyway. Well, I am sorry about this. Don't worry, I didn't buy my ticket yet. Love ya Heids!

Mom/Lisa said...

I sure hope they refund our money for our tickets we had purchased and the deposit on the hotel and the guy we paid in advance to teach us Chinese. Oh well, I guess the Caribbean is nice that time of year!

MaryRuth said...

I'M SO SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so super duper sad for you guys!!!!

Boo China Boo!!!!

And I'm sad now that I'm not going!!!!!

Booooooooo!!!

Chatzy said...

How sad:(

Crystal said...

that's so abnoxious. I am so sorry. But you never know, maybe crazy monoglians are planning on throwing thousands and thousand of bowls of rice pudding on shanghi which ofcourse would make life very slippery and smelly

Ryan and Angela said...

I am so sorry to hear that. What a bummer. I totally wanted to come visit. Ryan wasn't convinced, and I guess now he doesn't have to be. I just can't believe how frustrating that is. Especially with him being gone 3 weeks at a time. That is really hard on a wife and child. We love you.