Well, since he was going to be gone the weekend before Easter, we needed to do our "Easter" shopping before he left. I called my mom and arranged for her to take Xander for the day Saturday so Jared and I could have a hot date and get Xanders Easter present.
For Xanders Easter I wanted to get him a swing set type play ground. So we went to Toys-R-Us and they had this one on sale (they were out of stock, but had just gotten their truck in. So we waited for them to unload the truck, and bought one of the ones they had just gotten in).
We brought it home and started to assemble it, and got as far as sorting and labeling all the pieces. I guess construction will wait until next weekend (the manual says with 2 people it should take 6-12 hours, after all the pieces are sorted and labeled). Here is a picture of what it will look like when we are done:

It has monkey bars, a slide, a fort, a climbing rock wall, two swings, a glider swing, a sand box, and a picnic table. I think it should be really fun for him.
Then last night when we went to go and pick-up Xander from Grandma's he didn't want to come home. He heard us walk in the house, and ran and closed the door so we couldn't get him. He was so upset that he had to go home. I guess Grandma, Grandpa and Cris just spoiled him too much. He was so worn out today that he slept through part of sacrement (that NEVER happens).
Thanks Mom for taking Xander and giving Jared and I a hot date!!! I'll keep you posted on the progress of the swing set.
8 comments:
I love the swing set. and yes, we spoiled xander with lots of hugs, kisses, and running around the house. Thanks for letting us play with him.
That looks awesome Heidi, I'm sure Xander will have a blast with it!
Xander is so spoiled...
Neato swing set!! I'm jealous but Xander will have a blast I'm sure! Good luck with the assembly. I hope it goes better than the cupboards in your washroom :)
I would love a swing set for Easter! Will you buy me one?
That looks like so much fun. Any chance they had a Wii on their truck? We have looked everywhere about a million times and no luck. I am sorry Jared is leaving again. But maybe Xander can have fun on the swing set.
Wow! Nice swingset! Sorry Jared's leaving again : (
Wow! Nice swingset! Sorry Jared's leaving again : (
Post a Comment