Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hogle Zoo

It is my sister Crystal's Spring Break, and because if it my mom thought she would plan a trip to Hogle Zoo with her grandkids.  So we went to the Zoo today.  And we were lucky enough that Jared was able to come too!!

Xander is REALLY into "choo-choo"s right now.  He had to be held very tightly to keep him from jumping onto the train while it was still moving

Here he is with Dad on the choo-choo.  (Notice how he is biting the corner of his jacket.  I don't know where he picked up that habit, but he does it ALL the time!!!)

Every kid has to have a picture of them taking a drink from the Lion's head (luckily though it wasn't working, because the basin was NASTY!)

Here we are looking at "Dumbo"

Then Xander is playing underneath the big elephant sculpture.

Xander loved climbing on the fences to look at the animals.  Here he is looking at a Peacock.

We also saw the camels.

And a gorilla.

And a gorilla sleeping.

Then we got to see the elephants again close up.

Here is Chelsea and JJ.

Then the Giraffes.  They were all out playing, and Xander LOVED it!



Here he is looking at the GIANT turtles (they were really tortoises, but he was just so excited he kept calling out "turtles, turtles, turtles...." and I couldn't correct him).

But his favorite part of the whole trip was pushing his stroller around.  He INSISTED he push his stroller all over the park, up the hills, in the exhibits, EVERYWHERE.

He got REALLY, REALLY tired, so we (Jared, Xander and I) left a little early and let him take a nap.  He was so tired, he fell asleep before we were even out of the parking lot.  Thanks mom for planning such a fun activity!!!

7 comments:

Chatzy said...

Thanks for coming! It was so much fun. I really wish Xander wouldn't have been so grumpy and tired. But it was still so much fun. I'm glad you guys came!

Steven and Megan said...

That is too cute how Xander pushed his stroller around everywhere :) He is adorable. The zoo is lots of fun!

Emily said...

I am totally jealous but so happy you guys could all go! What a fun activity. I can't wait to see you all. Heidi, how do you feel about putting highlights in my hair? I am kind of thinking about it for the summer. Thoughts? Okay, love the pics.

Em

MaryRuth said...

Oh I love the Hogle Zoo!!! it looks like you guys had a great time!!!

Ryan and Angela said...

That is super cute. I bet going to the zoo is a lot easier with one kid than with three. They either fight over who gets to ride in the stroller or who gets to pull the stroller. And don't get me started on the wagon. Actually, they do pretty good at the zoo until they start running in opposite directions.

Crystal said...

cute pics!

Marilyn Hardman said...

Thanks for coming to the zoo with us. We loved it.