Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Glorious Weekend

Xander has started a new game.  Lining all his cars up in a row.  Here is a picture:


The most exciting news of ALL is that Xander finally figured out the potty training thing (I think two days of wearing big boy pants taught him it isn't fun to pee in them).  And today, the most glorious day of my life, he figured out how to go #2.

I know some people might consider the following picture inappropriate, but it is just too dang cute not to share.  While he was sitting on the potty trying to go #2 he was reading a "Nintendo Power" magazine just like his daddy.  We had to take the picture:


Then this weekend we bought and planted shrubs for our front flower bed.  Although right now they don't look that great, I took them into Photoshop to show you how they will look in 10+ years when they finally grow large enough.  (Note the brown area in front will be smaller flowers...)

Current picture:

10 years from now:

Current picture:

10 years from now:
That is my glorious weekend.  

8 comments:

Leisa said...

so so so cool!! we bought a wheelbarrow and shovel the other day to start our landscaping!! i'm excited to plant flowers and trees and such

Marilyn Hardman said...

They look great. And Xander is soooooo cute. Like father like son

Sharon said...

That is so cool how you can tell what your flower beds will look like in 10 years! Love the picture of Xander on the potty. It takes me back to the good old days!

Emily said...

YAhoo! Well done Xander. Give him a big hug from Aunti Em. That is very exciting. Also, love the shrubs. That is cool program you have to add in bushes.

Ryan and Angela said...

Your photoshop pictures are so great. I bet that they will look like that in 3-5 years. And CONGRATULATIONS XANDER!!!!!

Steven and Megan said...

Yay Xander and Heidi!!!!!! Good job! I like photo shop flower beds :)

Chatzy said...

It's about time that kid learned to go potty in the big boy potty :) JK I love the shrubbery though, I think it will look fabulous in a couple of years.

Mom/Lisa said...

Congrats on the potty training! What an idea-an Nintendo magazine. I never thought of potty training that way! I LOVE the 10 years later pics! Cute.