Friday, April 11, 2008

Swing Set and "Next Hole" aka mini-golf

We FINALLY finished putting together the swing set we got Xander for Easter.  Here it is in all its' grandeur.  

Xander LOVES it (as you can tell).
Story Time!!!

Last Friday (a week ago today) we took Xander mini-golfing.  He must have remembered from when we went with Tanner (Jared's brother) last year, because he took off running towards the holes.  He would hit the ball (which wouldn't go very far), then say "Next Hole" and grab his ball and run to the hole, put his ball right by the hole and hit it in.  Then grab the ball out of the hole and say "Next Hole".  We FLEW through that mini-golf course, and probably finished all 18 holes in under 10 minutes.

Well this week, Xander was looking through my scrapbook pages and found the page of us mini-golfing with Tanner last year.  He looks at me and says "Next Hole" (which really sounds like "tet toe") and ran to the door, so I could put his shoes on and take him mini-golfing.  I had to explain we weren't going mini-golfing, and he was so sad.  So when Dad got home, he ran up to dad and said "Next Hole" and dragged him outside to put his shoes on him.  

Anyhow, long story short, this went on for a few days, so yesterday while we were at Wal-Mart (aka "ma mar") we found a kiddie golf club set for $4.95, and Jared HAD to buy it for him.  Xander was so excited for the rest of the trip through the store he kept saying "Next hole, next hole, next hole".

Today we pulled it out for him, and he LOVED it!  He must have some of his Grandpa Brad in his genes, because Xander is ALL about "next hole" right now.





6 comments:

Chatzy said...

Oh my! Your swing set look so good. Its huge! I think Westin and I might have to come play on the swing set and do a little "next hole" with Xander.

Steven and Megan said...

How cute!! Xander is so funny :) Good job with the swing set assembly! It looks like fun!

The Maddens said...

'bout time you guys got it together. (the swing set) I went over to help the Rosenbalms put one of the big rainbow ones together and I spent all day with Paul and Todd Hansen and we barley evern got it going. What a pain. Somebody needs to start a business and just put things together for people. I would do it but then I don't think that I would have any zen in my life ever again. And I would go bald from pulling out my hair. Love and miss you guys.

Ryan and Angela said...

That is super cute. I am so glad you shared that story with us. By the way, the swing set looks awesome! Next time we come to visit, Xander will have to play on it with Aunty Angie. Forget his cousins.

Mom/Lisa said...

Grandpa Brad is very proud! He is so adorable! Congratulations on the really cool swingset!

Sharon said...

Wow! I am impressed! Good job guys. It makes me want to come over for a play date!