Sunday, July 06, 2008

Cokeville Wyoming Trip

UPDATE:  Leisa updated her blog with pictures and my Mom updated hers

This year we made the wonderful trip to my cousins ranch in Wyoming for the 4th of July.  We left early Thursday, the 3rd and made it up there for lunch.  I didn't take any pictures that first day (sorry).  So Aunt Sharon, please post all those cute pictures you took of the kids playing in the "pool" and of my birthday "cake".  We had so much fun.

On the 4th, I actually took the time to find my camera, so here are my pictures:

Jared took Xander fishing for his first time.  Xander was VERY excited:

Here they are fishing off the bridge to my cousins house.

I have to say, though, that Xanders favorite thing was the kittens.  He kept bringing us the cats and saying "Cats, Car, Go".  Or in other words, he got the cat he wanted, let's get in the car and go home.  He was sure that we would be taking them home with us.  Sadly, Mom is allergic, so they stayed at the ranch.


The afternoon of the 4th, everyone was gone their separate ways, and Xander got a little bored, so I pulled out my "last resort" to keep him happy.  The DS.

Here is a picture of my Aunt and Uncles home.  Gorgeous huh!
Then that evening we made smores.  Xander LOVED roasting things in the fire:


Jared and I had stopped in Evanston and picked up a BUNCH of fireworks that are illegal in most states, but not Wyoming.  Jared and Westin had such fun letting off bottle rockets while waiting for it to get dark.  Such dorks.

Here is a picture of the kids all playing on the trampoline.  I tried like 10 times to get this picture, but someone was always bouncing, so the pictures turned out a little blurry.  This was the best I could get.

Here is Xander up in the loft of the bunk house.  He would beg to "climb" (picture arms doing the motion of climbing as it is said).  

But like all good things, it came to an end, and we headed home on the 5th.  Jared found it HILARIOUS that on the way home we had to stop and wait for this:

And while I was at it, here is a picture of Xander for most of the ride home:

Like I mentioned, my Aunt Sharon has the pictures from the 3rd (my birthday), so hopefully she posts a few good ones on her blog.

Also, I took a bunch of family pictures for Leisa, and have posted them too.  So be sure to look at those also!

6 comments:

Sharon said...

I loved looking at all the cute pictures to remind me of all the fun that we had. I will be posting all my pictures soon....so stay tuned for more to come.

Steven and Megan said...

That's good that you guys picked up some of the fun illegal fireworks! Happy late Birthday! I hope you had a good one! That's nice that Jared got you cupcakes :)

Marilyn Hardman said...

WE had a blast. Thanks for coming.

Ryan and Angela said...

Oh my goodness, Xander is growing up so much. He doesn't look like a baby at all. He looks like a big kids. Freaky!

MaryRuth said...

what a fun weekend!!!!

Mom/Lisa said...

That boy sure looks like his Dad did and does! Glad you had fun! Thanks for always posting. One day soon, I'll get back to it!