Friday, July 11, 2008

The Pros and Cons of my 2 1/2 year old

Con:  He no longer wants a nap
Pro: Because he doesn't nap he is more tired, and the past few days has slept in until 8:30.  Now that is HEAVEN!

Pro:  He is now potty trained
Pro:  No expensive diapers
Con:  Well, almost.  He still occasionally poo's his pants, or wets the bed at nap time.
Con:  More laundry

Pro:  He is able to tell me what he wants now, no more guessing
Con:  He is able to tell me what he wants now

Pro:  He is able to entertain himself on video games, allowing me to get stuff done (especially since he no longer naps)
Con:  All he EVER wants to do now is play video games.  Forcing me to become the wicked witch of the west when I have to MAKE him go outside and play.
Con:  He has now erased our memory card of the following games:  EA Playground, Mario Party 8, and now as of today Mario Kart.  URG!

Pro:  He is realizes who Grandma and Grandpa are, and how much fun it is when they come over
Con:  He HATES when they leave, and expects mom to spoil him like they do.

Pro:  He gets excited when you ask if he wants to go somewhere
Con:  He gets GRUMPY when you ask him if he wants to go somewhere and he is busy playing a video game

Pro:  He loves to randomly give me kisses and say "Love You"
Con:  None.

8 comments:

Steven and Megan said...

Haha :) That makes me laugh! I love it!

MaryRuth said...

that's a sweet list! Cute idea Heidi!

p.s. can't imagine where he gets his love of video games from?? his dad AND mom??? :)

Valerie said...

Okay, I've been stalking for a little while now, but you DO know me so it's alright, right?

I love the, "he can tell me what he wants now" as a pro and con. Just wait until he can just get what he wants. THAT'S fantastic!

Isaac or Jennylyn said...

Is it immoral to read a blog without commenting?
Pro: Saves time and you get the info.
Con: The publisher doesn't know you read it.

Emily said...

Oh, that's a good post...a real good post.

Sharon said...

Oh, the joy's of Motherhood!

Mom/Lisa said...

Pros: He's so darn cute!
Cons: None!

Very cute post Heidi! I loved it!

Ryan and Angela said...

At least you have pros. Sometimes those are hard to come by. But I must admit, I think Xander is just cute.