Friday, July 18, 2008

IKEA stuff and naps

We went to IKEA this weekend to pick up a new comforter for Xander's bed.  We moved him from his little toddler bed to a "big boy bed".  But the trauma was, I had his room all designed around his toddler sized quilt.  So after MASSIVE searching, I FINALLY found a comforter that fit the theme of his room (colors and all) for the price I was willing to pay (only $14.99) and, of course, it was at IKEA.

While there we also picked up a little choo-choo train set for Xander.  He LOVES it.  He will sit and play and say "Chugga-chugga-chugga-chugga CHOO CHOO" the ENTIRE time he plays it.

Here is a picture of the comforter in Xanders room.


Then just on a random side note.  Xander doesn't take naps hardly ever anymore, although he still needs them.  But today, during "movie/quiet time" this is how I found him.  Sound asleep, sitting straight up, snoring and all.

What a nut!

6 comments:

Ryan and Angela said...

Super cute. You know, all kids must be a little bit the same. I mean, so far two of my kids weaned themselves from naps much earlier than they should have. I love the grumpiness that comes with it.

MaryRuth said...

I love the napping picture! Too cute.

And I love Ikea. Oh how I love Ikea!

Steven and Megan said...

I wish I could comfortably fall asleep sitting up like that

Leisa said...

that is so funny! my nephew is so cute

Sharon said...

Love the bedspread, love the price! Only at Ikea!

Mom/Lisa said...

This is so sweet. I remember when his dad fell asleep once at the kitchen table, while eating. Love the room.