Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Family Party, WOW - WOTLK, and Painting at Lulu's

Well, I am back from my anti-social hiatus.  Thanks to all who expressed concern, but we are all getting along fine.  While I was away not answering calls/e-mails I did quite a few things.  

First of all, last weekend we had a family get-together.  It was very impromptu.  Leisa called at 4 pm asking if we were doing anything that night, and by 6 pm Leisa and Wally, Chelsea, Crystal and my parents were all over for dinner.  I made Cafe Rio pork, lime dressing, rice, and beans.  It was delicious!  (I e-mailed the recipe out to my family, but if anyone else wants it just e-mail me).  Here are some pictures.

Xander taught Cole how to play Lego Batman:

Then Cole taught Xander who to roll on the floor:

Here we are eating our yummy dinner:


Poor Wally had been up since 3:30 am, so he was a little tired:

We all played Mario Kart.  It was fun.

The next thing that happened was World of Warcraft released the expansion to their game, called Wrath of the Lich King.  The game was released Wednesday at midnight, and Jared took off work Thursday and Friday to just play.  It was a MAJOR dorkfest at the release party, which Jared went to.  It was a midnight release, but they had to be at the store by 10 pm, then wait in the cold until midnight to get the copy.  Jared was number 70 out of over 200 people show up at this ONE store, other stores were supposedly worse.  

I made him take the camera and take pictures.   If you ever wondered what a bunch of dorks do for two hours while waiting for a computer game here it is:



Then the real reason I haven't been on my computer this weekend, was because Jared had commandeered it, so I was left without my computer.

Since Jared was going to be dorking it up for a few days, and I didn't want to sit around waiting for him, I went to my Mom's on Friday.  We just relaxed and hung out.  We also made cookies.  I forgot to take my camera though.

Saturday I went to my sister Leisa's house.  We had a lot of fun.  She took me to lunch (a delicious Chinese place in Smithfield).  We also decided to paint large canvases to match the little wall art I did last time I was there.

Here are the pictures of what we did last time:
Sorry, these are blurry, but you get the idea:


Here are the canvases we painted (note they are still wet here, so the outlining isn't done)


Here we are, the victorious artists
I can't wait to see them all finished and hung up in the room.  They will match the cute little nursery sooo well.

Well, that sums up my last week.  Hope everyone else had a good week too.

7 comments:

Chatzy said...

I am so happy you FINALLY updated! I love the pics of when we played at your house and I love the pics of you at leisa's house. Keep the updates coming!

* Nancy * said...

What a fun time at your sister's house Leisa! I love the canvases you two painted...what an adorable nursery, please update once the nursery is all finished!
Glad to know that you and your family are doing well.

Steven and Megan said...

When Steve and I were at the airport we saw a kid with one of those huge checks that was singed to him for $10,000 because he had won second place in a World of Warcraft competition. It was crazy. I like your paintings!

Leisa said...

i've sure gained a lot of weight!! i didn't really realize the enorminty of it till i just saw those full body pictures of mine. Well today i start a watch what i eat diet. (i figured it was better to start before the holidays)
I sure had fun painting with you saturday. PLEASE come again soon

Sharon said...

So that's what a bunch of Dorks look like! I love the paintings. I hope Leisa posts the finished pictures.

Anonymous said...

Where were you when I was decorating my boys nursery? Oh, that's right. We live in different states. You are very talented and your sister must be very happy to have that finished? Where do you get canvases like that?

Mom/Lisa said...

Xander is such a good teacher! And so is Cole! Loved loved the dorkfest pics! How funny. And what cute paintings! I can't wait to see you on MONDAY! I'm so excited. Have a great weekend!