Monday, November 10, 2008

What's going on...

Before too many rumors begin to circulate, I thought I would post the information about what is going on in our family.

Jared has decided that he no longer wants to be a member of my church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints).  Before you get angry with him, please realize he has his agency and is able to choose for himself.

Things to not do:
  • Do NOT e-mail/call him telling him why he is wrong (this means YOU, yes you (i.e. Ang, sorry to have singled you out, but I know you will want to do this).
  • Do NOT come to our home and try to dissuade him.  This will bring the spirit of contention, and you will be asked to leave.
Things to do:
  • Please continue to show us your love and respect.  This is a difficult time for both of us, and we could use all the support we can get.
  • Please continue to be our friends.  
A couple of questions I have gotten:

Q - Are you going to leave Jared?
A - Of course not.  That is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous.  I married Jared because I love him, and we will work through this like we would any other problem.

Q - Did Jared cheat on you?
A - NO!  We are happy together and will continue to be.

Q - Why would Jared choose to leave the church?
A - None of your business.  I won't discuss it, because it is not my story to tell.

Please be respectful of our family through this time.  It is a difficult time, and one I debated sharing.  But it is not something I am ashamed of, nor something I want to hide.  It is just how things are.

Now all that being said.  I am turning off my phone, and closing my e-mail.  I do NOT want to talk about it.  If I did, I would have called you all individually.  But I didn't.  Thanks for understanding.