Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dental Implant Clarification

I have had numerous people tell me that can't wait to see my new tooth, which has prompted me to post this clarification.  The dental implant I got was just a screw in my jaw.  The bone now has to heal for approximately 5 months, and then I get my permanent tooth.  In the meantime, I am still toothless and classy.

4 comments:

Jared said...

Well now you make toothless with a screw look classy.

MaryRuth said...

ouch screw ouch.

Mom/Lisa said...

That sounds awful. I can't beleive what you went through for a tooth! I will never take my teeth for granted again.

Shellianne said...

I'm glad you read my blog, because I read yours too! I have two dental implants and they were honestly my worst nightmare from start to finish. I had to have bone grafts first and they were so, so expensive and my insurance wouldn't cover them back in the day, but honestly, I'm so glad I had them done. I've had mine for 8ish yrs and have never had a problem. Totally worth all the pain.