Saturday, December 08, 2007

What a weekend!!!!

This weekend has been wonderful/horrible/wonderful. How can that be you ask, well I will tell you. Jared has been working TONS this week, so I talked him into taking Friday off. So we went down to IKEA and did some shopping for the house (things I have been dying to get). It was so much fun.

We went down to IKEA to get cupboards for our laundry room, but we ended up getting Xander a few things too. We bought him a rug for the floor that has a city with roads on it for his cars. We are going to give it to Santa to give to Xander for Christmas. Then they also had this little tent for $9.99, so Jared bought it for Xander now. Here are some pictures:



He loved it so much I had a hard time getting pictures of him in it because he was always moving and playing.
Then another wonderful thing happened. Xander decided he wanted to go pee in the toilet like a big kid. We have been working with him for a while, but anytime we take him to the toilet he freaks out. But Friday he decided he would give it a try. He was so excited, and he actually went pee in the toilet. So, we gave him a treat as a reward. Here he is eating his treat.
Then I got my cabinets installed and all organized (I spent all day putting together the shelves, and organizing all my tools, nails,screws, etc.) At about 9:30 at night it was finally done. HOORAY.

Looks great huh! Well at about 9:35 it all came CRASHING down. Everything. My paint spilled on the floor, my nails, screws, and other small items came flying all over. It got EVERYWHERE. Apparently I missed the studs when attaching it to the walls (minor detail). Luckily the cabinets and such were fine. We cleaned up most of the mess, and just went to bed.

So today we got up and went to the store to buy better screws (just in case at this point) and get a stud finder. (Chelsea also came today and we went and ran some errands for a little bit). Tonight I got everything reattached and resorted out, and now it is 9:10 at night (almost 24 hours after finishing putting everything away) and I just finished putting everything away! HOORAY! Now it looks just as fabulous as it did before.

Anyhow, that recaps my wonderful/horrible/wonderful weekend. The End.

8 comments:

Ryan and Angela said...

Well, the cabinets look great. And just so you know, everyone has to have a project come crashing to the ground at least once before they learn the stud lesson. And by at least, I mean, I have had more than one.

Crystal said...

wow. that is a wonderful/horrible/wonderful weekend. I'm so happy/sorry/happy. Have a wonderful day/week/day.

Emily said...

Wow, what a weekend! I am sorry about the shelf thing. That bites. After all that work, after all the organization...dude, sorry man. But, I am glad it is all fixed. I love the tent.

The Maddens said...

Sorry that happened to you. When I read that they came down I was like. Oh, my gooness, is it a joke, no it's not, Oh no!!! The reason I was like that is because I know what it is like. At least you didn't have to buy all new cabinets. I did that with our Front door handle and Dead bolt. I started screwing it all together and I forgot this one part and I ruined it all. Had to swallow my pride and buy a whole new set. 80 dollar whooooops. They look good though.

MaryRuth said...

Love the new cabinets!! Sorry they came crashing down!!

Isaac or Jennylyn said...

I Think the cabinets coming down trumps the tent going up. But peeing in the toilet trumps it all especially when you have that after pee shake. If Xander did that then it's all worth it.

Isaac or Jennylyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Isaac or Jennylyn said...

Isaac left a comment under my name. He told me to write and repudiate it. I didn't read the whole blog yet, so the comment doesn't make sense to me. It seems to have the element of humor in it. Anyway, just letting y'all know that there are two Jennnylyn's. Although if you find the comment was hilarious, I will claim it, though I usually try to keep pee pees and wee wees out of my everyday vocabulary.