Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines what???

I have to be honest I do not really care for Valentines Day. Having a kid we are celebrating it more this year than ever before. We made a count down chain. We sent out Valentines to Grandparents. But I heard a philosophy about Valentines day this year that I wish would be adapted more.

I think it ridiculous that there is only one day a year in which we tell people we love them. Instead I think there should be 364 days we tell people we love them, then one day a year to tell all the people we hate that we hate them. Think about it. One day a year when you can tell all those people who you don't like, that you don't like them. Send the hate mail, send the mean notes. Then get it out of your system and move on.

I don't know if it will catch on or not, but I think there might be something to it. What do you think?

5 comments:

Sharon said...

What an awesome idea! Don't we all have a few people we would love to give a piece of our mind to and then be done with it for the rest of the 364 days of the year. It sounds very theraputic to me!

Steven and Megan said...

Haha :) well on the Ellen Show she told everyone to get the phonebook out and call random people just to say "I love you!"

Twin Times said...

Total Argeement! Lets start a new tradition immediately! What day do you want to do it. We vote for January 2nd or December 26th! :)

Leisa said...

umm ya i would tell the few people i hate that i hate them. But i would feel really bad when people told me they hated me. I'd rather live in my "everybody loves leisa" bubble.

Chris said...

hmm, I think you're wierd