Once again, I FINALLY unloaded all the photo's from my camera for the past few weeks. So you get one big photo dump blog post. I know I should update more frequently, but this is what you get.
First of all, Jared "inherited" a blanket from his family that his mom made when she was 18. Needless to say, it was getting a bit ragged. So for his birthday two years ago (see blog post and pictures here), I made him a new blanket, and cut down the old ragged blanket to have no more holes (which made it pretty small). I saved the fabric scraps and made a rag doll out of it for Jared's mom.
Here is Xander helping me rip the fabric (he LOVED this part)

And here is the finished doll

(You can read his mom's post about this doll and the history of the quilt by clicking here)

(You can read his mom's post about this doll and the history of the quilt by clicking here)Also, Xander has this Batcave the he LOVES. He got it for Christmas 2+ years ago, and for every holiday since, he has gotten additions to it. Well, his Batcopter went on sale the other day, so we picked it up for him, but I didn't want him to feel spoiled, so we made him earn it by setting the table "by himself" for one whole week.
Next story, Family History. Once a week my AMAZING family history teachers hold a Family History night at their home. I bring my laptop and we all work on Family History. They will help us with whatever questions we have, and it is AWESOME!!! So I wanted to grab a photo to commemorate what I do once a week.
Here is (from L to R) Melissa Taylor, Dave and Kathy Morse, and my teachers Paula and Warren Lloyd. (I really want to line Emily up with their lawyer son in DC, but I haven't been able to pull those strings yet).
Then today, Xander was looking through our games, and he noticed a ceramic painting set. So we pulled it out and painted some cars. He was SOOOO cute about it. He kept saying "this is going to be sooo cool!!!", "Mom, this is going to be sooo cool!", "Look this is soooo cool!" It was adorable. But since the paints only came in red, yellow and blue, we also learned how to mix colors. He thought it was AWESOME to make green and purple.
And the finished product (notice the paint up his arm and on his lips. He smudged it up his arm, and then when he was blowing the paint dry, he got a little too close, and got it on his lips)


It made me want to do more simple craft ideas with him, so if you know of any, post a comment.




8 comments:
Zoe loves to paint too! She always gets paint on her lips just like Xander. I think its fun to do crafts with the kids. We did homemade Valentine cards last night and that was fun :) I like the rag doll that you made! Good work!
yes i'd like directions on how to make the rag doll. i have lots of scraps.
avery helped me paint wood letters and then modge podge fabric on them.
I love the picture of Xander looking at his car. So fun
I am so glad you did a picture post! It is such a fun one! I really am especially a fan of the paint stuff you did with Xander, that is awesome!
crafts make me happy! although i have no idea of what crafts to make with a 4 year old. my son loves to color but he's only 2 so we're not that creative.
oh i'm not done commenting.I also have a old quilt mom made me when i was 8 making it 21 years old. holy cow i'm old. i need to make it into a doll. it's a sad case. do you wanna come up and show me how. that'd be so much fun!!
I'm in an elementary art class right now...we are learning all sorts of fun things you can do with kids that are really fun and easy. go ahead and email me if you want some of my ideas.
Michaels has great discount crafts for kiddos. My 5 year old got a great dinosaur for his bday last weekend. It's wooden and moves. Anyway, it comes w/paints and a paintbrush and is in the cheapie section. Something like that sounds like it might be up Xander's alley. Good luck.
neanea1025@aol.com
Post a Comment