Monday, April 03, 2006

Crappiest Weekend EVER

So this weekend we went up to Boise for Jared's Family Party. It was supposed to be all of his siblings. Well, we get up there on Thursday and find out that two of his siblings can't come. Sad, but such is life when you don't plan ahead. Needless to say it turned into a family fiasco, resulting in no one coming. Fine, then it would just be Ang and us.

Well, Thursday night Xander wouldn't sleep and was up all night crying. It turns out he was getting sick. Friday he is still crabby. Come Friday night he screamed at the top of his lungs all night. Finally at two in the morning, we pack up our things, and drive all night and come home (no one can have fun when your baby is screaming all night long, keeping everyone awake). We get home and give him some medicine. Then Jared and I take turns sleeping, and babysitting our really REALLY sick little boy. The whole weekend, that was supposed to be really fun, turned out to be the worst weekend ever!

I guess it is a good thing that Jared's family didn't end up going to Boise, because they would have been getting there right when we decided to leave, so we wouldn't have seen them anyway. Here are the only pictures I took of the weekend.


Xander is still really REALLY sick, and I am still really REALLY sleep deprived. It looks like he is probably going to be sick the rest of the week (that is how long until this bug goes away), in the meantime no body had better ask me to do anything or else I will probably rip their head off (that tends to happen when I am tired and cranky). Let's just hope Xander quits screaming all night.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sooo sorry for your crappy weekend. If there is anything I can do let me know.

Anonymous said...

Oh my poor little boo! that's what sister park use to say when we were sick. usually the laughing at her phrase at least made our spirits a little better. so Oh my poor little BOO

MaryRuth said...

Man I am so sorry! that is a crappy crappy weekend! I hope that you get sleep and that Xander gets feeling better soon!!

Sorry things didn't work out for you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't get to see u guys. Hope you guys feel better soon and I can see u soon...try not to get to mad at everybody though. It was not supposed to be that way. You make it seem like we didn't want to be with you guys and you know that is NOT true. Love you and miss you tons!!
~Alyssa :)

Jonathan, Ashley, and Family said...

Im sorry Xander's sick. I know how hard it can be with sick kids! Jon and I were really looking forward to this weekend, we were packed and ready to go when Jared told us not to come. Anyway, I hope Xander gets better soon!

Uberly Ewe said...

Sorry about the crappy weekend. Sick babies are no fun. We have been pretty lucky for the past three weeks. Ever since I have started staying home really- Spencer has not gotten sick once.