So we had the funnest anniversary ever. I had called my mom to come and babysit Xander for us. She called Wednesday night and said she really wanted to get some yard work done that day could she tend Xander at her place. She would come and get him one way. And he could stay the night. I had never let him sleep overnight before without me, so I was really hesitant, but between Jared and my mom they convinced me he would be fine. So Thursday morning my mom came and picked up Xander and off went my baby boy for his first sleep over at Grandma's.
Jared and I started our day by going to Red Robin for Lunch. We went right when it opened (we were the first customers). I ordered my favorite Chicken Teriyaki burger and Strawberry Lemonade. Yummy!
Then we went to Hogle Zoo. The zoo was fun, but it was definately different than I remembered. A lot smaller than I thought. Partially I think it was because 1/4 of the was closed for renovation, and partially because the last time I went I was probably only 12-14 and everything seemed bigger back then. The train ride was way short too. Also it was spring break and the first really nice day of the year, so it was PACKED!
After the zoo we went to Clark Planetarium. That was my favorite part of the day! We had so much fun. We went to a 3D movie in the dome theatre. It was awesome! It is a round movie screen that when you sit in the theatre it looks like everything is going on around you. I want to go back to the other movies so bad. But we are saving those for future friend visits.
After that we went to Outback Steakhouse and ordered our favorite food, the Outback Special. It was yummy!
After that we went to the store and bought Chicken Little and came home and watched it on our airmattress we set-up in the front room. We popped popcorn, and ate cheesecake, and just enjoyed being together.
It was really wierd going to sleep without putting my baby to bed first, but I survived. In the morning we slept in until 9:00 (the first time I have slept through the night since Xander was born). Once we got showered and dressed we went to Morgan and picked him up.
He was so good for Grandma it made me happy. I was so worried he would cry the whole time, but he didn't. The cute thing was Jared missed Xander more than I did I think. The first thing Jared said to me this morning was "let's hurry and get ready. I want to go see my little boy." It made me happy to hear he missed Xander too.
All in all I think it was the best anniversary we have had yet. Thanks Mom for making it possible.
3 comments:
Happy Anniversary!! HOw fun that you got to spend the WHOLE day together! SOunds like you guys had an awesome time!!! that was so nice of your mom to watch Xander!! Glad you guys got some time together!
sounds like a lot of fun. wish we could have spent it with you. that wouldn't be weird at all. another couple tagging along on your anniversary. no... not at all. Maybe we will try it on ours and we will tell you how it goes.
I am so jealous. Since we have had kids, we haven't had a single anniversary night without them. It has been about 4 years for us. And we only get a small evening date because we have to hire a babysitter. One day we will be as cool as you guys.
Post a Comment